We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Digital Marketing team at Atlantic Records.
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
Why this could be your next big break:
This job is the intersection of creative, marketing, technology, content creation and production; you will have your hand in every aspect of an artist’s digital strategy! You must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task, as you will be juggling multiple artist projects, and be responsible for all aspects of a music release digitally – you will also be working closely with product managers, our in-house creative design, development and video team, and artist managers to help bring artists’ visions to life.
The ideal candidate is interested in breaking artists online with innovative digital campaigns AND has an interest in new technology. This person reads blogs (tech and entertainment) every day, installs every new app just to try it out, and has a passion for leveraging the Internet to drive artist careers and revenue. They live on social media, lifestyle blogs, and discovers new music in interesting ways. You MUST be highly creative, extremely motivated, and loves being a part of a team.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will work with artists, managers, marketing and key label executives in order to develop compelling and powerful online marketing strategies
- You will assist in brainstorming and implementing exciting new online content (working with creators and influencers) optimized for each distribution network/channel
- You will coordinate with internal teams and 3rd party designers / developers to produce all assets for a digital release
- You will brainstorm, budget, and execute effective online advertising campaigns for artists, creating a strong presence in the desired target market and community
- You will build and manage new and ongoing relationships with online partners and affiliates, including social platforms and new and existing startups
- You will work closely with artists and artist management to ensure requests and expectations are handled intelligently and carried out effectively
- You will attend and contribute to all related company meetings in connection with assigned projects, and provide the SVP Marketing, West Coast and SVP Digital Marketing with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
- You will prepare regularly required online marketing summaries and plans
- You will assist in the creation of artist editorial calendars and publishing schedules
Are you a Rockstar candidate? If so:
- You have a passion for music and tech – we know you’re at you’re best when you’re doing what you love and are looking for Rockstar candidates that LOVE the internet, technology, social and music
- You have AMAZING organizational abilities
- You can multitask and prioritize
- You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
- You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
- You are insanely detail-oriented
- You are excellent at listening, interpreting, and communicating
- You are creative
- You are a self-starter
- You are curious and ask questions
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
- 2-5 years of Digital Marketing experience
- 2-4 years of music industry experience preferred; other related experience considered
- Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
- Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing
- Juggler & multi-tasker extraordinaire! Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow up skills with an attention to detail