With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
We provide support to our label and territory partners in rights management, optimization, and content protection to ensure maximum revenue opportunities at our commercial digital partners.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are looking for someone who is eager to interact with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to protect Warner Music Group’s content and who is motivated to help our artists maintain control over their release plans. This person is a leader and will help shape a world-class content protection team.
Here you’ll get to:
- Manage our content protection strategies for commercial platforms in collaboration with our internal account teams
- Work directly with our internal label partners and international affiliates to manage priority release schedules
- Independently conduct and coordinate takedown actions across various Digital Service Providers in accordance with the Digital Millennial Copyright Act
- Coordinate with third-party anti-piracy services and industry trade groups to monitor and protect priority releases
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to develop and implement ways to recognize revenue through UGC claiming, ownership conflicts & commercial infringements
- Develop manuals and best practice guides to train the content protection team on daily reactive and proactive content protection measures
- Collaborate with a growing team of content protection specialists on day-to-day and emergency requests submitted via our internal e-mail alias while continuing our high-quality service for our internal stakeholders
- Maintain a supervisory role in the development of new team members as well as temporary employees and associates
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate proficiency with internet research and discovery tools
- Stay organized, on task and motivated
- Learn, dissect and implement new processes, procedures or concepts quickly
- Review analysis and translate it into actions
- Work independently
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience with digital content management, anti-piracy, or copyright matters
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.