At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
International Marketing one of the company’s most dynamic departments, we work with all the frontline labels across all artists. We work with labels, artists and their managers and our affiliate labels across the globe working to promote and marketing our artists on an international level. We are looking for a forward-thinking music professional with analytical and insight experience.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be joining this ambitious department as a core member of the team and should be a self-starter who has a strong passion for music, with a can-do outlook who feels at home in a fast-paced working environment!
Here you’ll get to:
- Work with Global Marketing to help increase number of Rap, Grime, R&B & Hip-Hop artists entering the GPS (Global
- Priority System) by identify and setting audience and consumption targets around a defined list of artists with strong GPS potential
- Be the genre lead within Warner Music International UK, initiating release plans in conjunction with Warner Music UK marketing managers and artist managers for all Warner Music UK repertoire that fits within the defined genre bucket.
- Manage a portfolio of artists that sit within genre, and support growth of these in partnership with Warner Music UK to ensure maximum flow of talent
- Work with regional leads to understand specific genre makeup of opportunity global markets and communicate this to increase global genre knowledge establishing a network of international marketing managers who work within the genre and support the growth and impact of the global network of genre specialists within WMG. This includes driving discussion, sharing learnings highlighting where there are gaps in our global coverage
- Manage marketing budgets approved by head of department, monitor sales, streaming’s and activity on each project to ensure targets are being met.
- Manage and coordinate physical and digital releases where rights are not held in the UK: liaise with UK marketing manager, production team, repertoire sources and artist management where applicable to ensure release dates are met.
- Proactive support of domestic and local marketing teams to achieve best possible set-up scenarios for priority releases, ensuring delivery of valuable content to partners to develop artists both on and offline.
- Maximise promotional results, streaming strategies and sales against marketing spend and budgets.
- Collect and review international marketing and promotion plans to create impactful global and local marketing plans
- Work with digital managers and management where applicable to build community, databases, and viral campaigns.
- Creative input for international online marketing. Ensure that all on and off-line marketing / promotion is integrated.
- Support Global A&R teams in identifying and securing appropriate collaborations / features
- Support identification and expansion of regional and global owned & operated channels within associated genre pillars (partner with regional leads)
- Increase marketing best practice by executing multiple new and innovative campaigns
- Execution of large scale, high impact marketing campaigns for roster of artists
- Work with Warner Music Global Marketing Team to create a playbook of all WMG owned genre channels and associated content series. Make recommendations as to where there are gaps in our global coverage of channels and content, and work to fill these
- Monitoring initial stock orders. Liaise with stock control to initiate and ensure a smooth process of shifting stock when needed.
- Representing and championing the needs of international territories in the best interests of the overall project.
- Work with Warner Music UK data analysts and Warner Music International team to develop, report and analyse results as well as reporting on all promotional and local marketing activity to senior management, artist management and Warner Music UK team.
- Strong connection with the genre and culture, musical trends and identifying opportunities…
- Sound knowledge of planning and executing impactful global marketing campaigns, regardless of allocated budgets
- Clear understanding of the International Music market, media, digital marketing and retail
- Strong data proficiency and ability to interpret data to make strategic recommendations
- Ability to build strong relationships with artists, artist managers, A&Rs, independent labels, tour agents etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Articulate with excellent copy writing skills
- A hardworking and innovative thinker whose able to multitask across multiple projects and work under pressure within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
- Able to travel globally where required for promo or meetings
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.