With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
ADA’s international department oversees the overall global business outside the US and UK market. Our role is to provide guidance, support and act as the central communications hub to our international distributed labels, UK/US teams and the international territories.
We also bring in new and exciting music to ADA worldwide from across the globe. We plan and execute new release and catalogue strategy and equip the physical and digital sales teams with international marketing, promotion and sales information.
We set up distribution strategies as well as design and execute label services in conjunction with the international affiliate frontline teams, our own staff and third parties.
Why this could be your next big break:
The person in this role will focus on two main areas; building ADA’s footprint in Eastern Europe as well as managing the day to day relationship with our key Europe-based partners.
As ADA continues to grow, we are expanding into new parts of the world every day. This role will be responsible for assisting in growing ADA’s partners business in Europe, by managing and developing the wider WMG licensee relationships for ADA, and by supporting existing ADA partners in the region.
Here you’ll get to:
- Foster meaningful relationship with Europe-based 3rd party labels, artists and label partners, ensuring we are maximizing any revenue opportunities for their repertoire globally.
- Develop ADA’s eastern European footprint, by working closely with the WMG licensee partners in the region and be the main point of contact for developing business countries in Europe, such as eastern European WM licensees with regards to ADA label partners and their releases.
- Update international ADA teams and WMG offices on new releases from (licensee) partners, in collaboration with the ADA International Label Management team and the ADA US / UK label management teams,
- Provide licensee companies’ commercial teams with key international marketing & sales information on new releases, on-going priorities, & general ADA partner activity.
- Assist regional digital account management teams as well as licensee company commercial teams with assembling pitches, campaign execution and compiling recaps.
- Oversee and coordinate the label services offering for EE region as well as services offering of licensee labels in ROW territories, in conjunction with the ADA International team.
- Work alongside International Director, Int’l label managers and ADA int’l teams to coordinate local release plans for both distribution and label services.
- Work with int’l label managers and operations to support label onboarding in the region.
- You will have a general understanding of physical and digital distribution globally, and a great understanding of this in (Eastern) Europe.
- You will have a track record of successfully building strong talent and management relationships.
- Have a broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle.
- You will be motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized and detail orientated.
- You will be able to communicate effectively, and compassionately with all our stakeholders.
- You will be able to demonstrate and use your knowledge and experience in the European market place and territories.
- You will be passionate about independent music and record labels.
- You will be working across many different territories, it will be important for you to be flexible, dynamic and diplomatic so you can effectively adapt to business requirements.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 5+ years of music industry experience.
- Fluent in English. Anymore languages are a plus.
- University / Bachelor degree.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Office, and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to travel internationally if business requires.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.