International Royalty Income Analyst
At Warner Music Group (WMG), we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Warner Chappell Music (WCM) is the music publishing division of Warner Music Group. We are interested in those who can join and contribute along our company’s values: Curiosity, Collaboration, and Commitment. We value input, ideas, and feedback from everyone at every level and the voices and contributions of every team member at WCM matter.
At WCM we put the songwriter first, offering high touch service to move the cultural dial across the globe. We want team members who have a service-oriented mindset and care about the collective work. We are searching for those who are comfortable thinking globally while leveraging local expertise
A little bit about our team
The International Royalty Processing Team is part of the Global Administration division that resides within WMG’s music publishing company Warner Chappell Music and it plays a crucial role in supporting the end to end music value chain.
The team’s role of managing and reconciling the royalty processing of the European territories’ income is integral to the business. This involves working closely with the Local Royalties, Finance and Copyright teams in both the UK and in other European offices to ensure all income is processed and reconciled in a timely manner to meet our contractual obligations to our clients.
Why this could be your next big break
As an International Royalty Income Analyst, you will be a key contributor to the day-to-day operations within International Royalties Processing team: involved in all aspects of royalty statement processing; managing and delivering accurate and timely royalty runs; managing and prioritizing of suspense items releases as well as responding to internal and external inquiries and managing special projects. You will be proud of your responsibility for the accurate accounting of royalties to our songwriters.
We believe that people are at the core of what we do, and we are committed to professional development – at WCM you will have the opportunity to participate in a host of training activities, develop your skills and further your learning about music publishing. This is a fantastic opportunity for a detail-oriented individual with an interest in music publishing administration who shares our passion for songwriters.
Here yoU Will:
- You will build effective working relationships with Heads of Admin of European territories.
- You will receive monthly cash receipt details from our Affiliate offices, along with the accompanying royalty statements and (sometimes huge!) data files from societies and 3rd parties.
- You will review and analyse data to ensure accurate loading of royalties and creation of reports/presentations for management.
- You will create excel files for processing where needed.
- You will load and process the royalty income, in various industry formats (i.e. CRD, Maestro, Manual Format), into our Tango system.
- You will match the income to the correct works on Tango to guarantee money hits our songwriters’ royalty statements.
- You will conduct income reconciliation on monthly/quarterly basis.
- You will be first point of contact for various internal and external inquiries related to assigned territories.
- Including attendance at Affiliate “Global Admin Monthly” meetings, as required.
- You will work with the team to reduce the value of income going into Suspense by conducting thorough research.
- You will offer support to the International Royalty Processing Manager on issues that arise and projects as necessary.
- You will collaborate across the business and participate in companywide projects and training sessions.
- You will support the Global Administration Department on project-based work and other ad hoc duties related to the International Royalties Processing team.
- You have brilliant interpersonal skills and are confident in communicating with your colleagues.
- You are detail-orientated with an analytical mind and excellent mathematical and analytical skills (royalties processing experience desired).
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn and picks up new systems and processes easily.
- You are a proactive problem-solver who uses initiative to improve ways of working.
- You have excellent technical skills in excel and in data manipulation.
- You have excellent organisational with a results-focussed approach to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines.
- You have a proactive, flexible attitude and a willingness to learn.
- You have the aim to work as part of a successful team.
- You are a music lover who values creation and is passionate about servicing our songwriters and rights holders
We’d love it if you also had
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- A good understanding/have the experience of the workings of a Music Publisher or a Collection Society.
- A background in Royalties Processing or Finance, either through work experience or formal qualifications.
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re also the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.