With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe.
Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG’s music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Fan Engagement team.
Job Title: Influencer Marketing Manager, Urban Music
A Little Bit About Our Team
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. With an artist-centric approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of both major and developing artists.
The mission of the Influencer Marketing team (should you choose to accept it) is to create and accelerate digital trends by partnering with content creators, gatekeepers, and other culture movers. We approach Digital Marketing in a fan-first, content-driven way and act as a ‘creative agency’ within the label.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
Are you passionate about urban music, from rap to R&B to everything in between? Do you have a deep knowledge of creators and communities that speak to fans of these genres? Are you able to brainstorm, build, and execute influencer marketing campaigns at scale while still delivering impactful content that surprises and delights fans?
Then WR is the place for you!
- WR is seeking an experienced and talented Influencer Marketing Manager to join our team. This role will specialize in working with our expansive and diverse roster of urban artists to strategize and execute compelling, artist-specific campaigns.
- This is a “top-to-bottom” role, with responsibilities beginning with identifying influencers and ending with reporting out to stakeholders about campaigns. Clear communication, excellent project management skills, and the ability to multi-task is a must!
Here You’ll Get To
- Discover, build, and maintain relationships with influencers, agencies, and management companies at scale with a specific focus on urban music culture
- Develop influencer campaigns for WR artists, from inception through post-launch/sustain, that integrate with the broader artist vision and goals
- Negotiate with influencer teams, ensuring that campaign goals are met while staying within budget
- Work closely and collaboratively with artist managers and internal departments to champion content-first ideas, develop influencer campaigns, and execute integrated global activations
- Set goals and performance metrics for influencer campaigns, partnering with our Analytics team to derive insights about our artists and implement best practices
- Oversee creative ideation and development to deliver innovative, best-in-class influencer campaigns for our artists and their fans
- Execute campaigns at scale, with multiple creator and content accounts posting simultaneously
- Monitor campaigns regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Spearhead influencer programs that identify, recruit, and foster strong relationships with a wide network of influencers, talent, community leaders, and content creators
- Report weekly to senior staff and managers, providing actionable insights and campaign updates
- Continuously ideate and innovate within the influencer space
Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- 2-3+ years professional experience in influencer/social media/digital marketing, preferably with a creative agency, influencer agency, or entertainment company
- Prior experience working across social channels, with an emphasis on TikTok, Instagram, and Triller
- Proven ability to build, execute, and scale influencer campaigns that have significant impact on urban music-loving audiences
- In-depth knowledge of urban music culture, trends, and creator communities
- Existing relationships in the influencer and creator space
- Strong organizational, project management, and communication skills with added attention to details and deadlines
- A balance between creative and strategic thinking, able to develop and execute on their ideas both large and small
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with both creative- and business-oriented colleagues and partners
- Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
- Innate willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience with CreatorIQ, Tagger, or similar influencer analytics tools
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.