With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Job Title: Income Tracking Manager
A little bit about our team:
The Income Tracking Manager role falls within the overall structure of the Administration Team. The role reports directly to the UK Head of Administration, but will liaise with all areas of our business and work closely with our Finance, Royalty, Copyright, Global Analytics and Creative/Sync teams and you will have the opportunity to work internationally with affiliates, licensees and collection societies.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are Warner Chappell Music. Where the songwriters are heard. As the UK Income Tracking Manager you will lead all tracking activities for our UK and multi-territorial digital deals. You will have the opportunity to define the role, create a blueprint for how we manage our income tracking activities and create processes that can easily adapat to the constantly evolving nature of music licensing.
You will be responsible for the forensic analysis of income received against income expectations across all major revenue streams and instigate backclaims, adjustments and supplemental payments where required. You will enjoy the opportunity to provide input into the creation of reports that support income tracking, including exception & variance reporting, as required for the UK business.
Here you’ll get to:
- Lead all income tracking efforts for the UK business, including our multi-territorial digital licensing PEDL deals.
- Create new processes and ways of working to take our income tracking to the next level.
- Work as integrated member of a future-facing administration team.
- Provide the business with regular forecasts/updates by income providers (society/DSP/ affiliate/third party).
- You will monitor accurate deal level expectations across all income streams and provide income confirmations to the Finance & Royalty teams.
- Idenitify and make claims for shortfalls in income.
- Liaise with counterparts across all affiliate offices, suppliers and sub-publishers to ensure income flows are in line with expectations & resolve any interruptions or discrepancies.
- Ensure affiliate income queries relating to domestic income are resolved
- Work with our international PEDL processing partners and represent the company to third parties, licensees, collection societies and industry bodies
- Take a leading role in establishing forecast mechanisms, in line with the requirements of our finance & royalty teams.
- You will work closely with the UK Royalty and Copyright teams to both resolve and proactively prevent against problems arising with the collection of income
- An experienced royalty tracker (minimum 2+ years experience) who has worked across all major revenue streams, including film /TV/radio broadcasts/ live performance, plus physical and digital sales.
- In-depth knowledge of PRS/MCPS licensing schemes and distribution policies.
- Skills to analyse, extract & manipulate data from high volume datafiles.
- Experience in setting up internal analysis/forecasting delivery reports tailored to the needs of the business.
- A solid understanding of the digital supply chain and the relationship steps necessary to facilitate multi-territory licensing.
- A forensic and detail-oriented approach to analysing data with a track record in delivering accurate results
- You have advanced Excel capabilities including Power Pivot & advanced formulae
- You have proficiency with SQL.
- You have a detailed knowledge of industry and DSP file formats, such as, CRD, CSV,DIF,FLAT,TEXT & society specific bespoke reporting formats.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Confidence in clearly communicating with clients, colleagues and management
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and hit time-sensistive deadlines
- The ability to demonstrate your personal drive and ambition
- The ability to join dots, think laterally and understand both downstream and upstream impact of event
- A thorough understanding of international collection society structures and their licensing/distribution processes
- Experience of working for a digital service provider or related digital music partner
- A passion for music.
- A background in a finance or royalty tracking.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.