At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Production Music is a global leader in music production and creative supervision. We offer audio solutions to a vast network of clients throughout the UK and Ireland. We represent our diverse catalogue and labels, home to a range of sounds covering rock, pop, electro, grime, world cultures and classical. We pride ourselves on authentic and a significant recording archive going back 80 years.
Reporting to the UK MD, you will lead an upbeat team of six. There will be freedom to build opportunities and expand relationships across the verticals of broadcast, advertising, film, games, and more. We enjoy a hard-working and collaborative spirit with the flexibility of working environments, crossing over with the finance, copyright, and legal teams. You’ll be leading the day to day WCPM UK operation, initiating and holding regular internal and external meetings and will mentor others as the need arises in order to reach and exceed our company targets.
Here you’ll get to:
Oversee creative direction for the UK-owned production music labels. Key performance initiatives are:
- Conceptualising, executive production, producing, and delivery of each audio concept including individual digital albums and new wholly-owned UK catalogues, from beginning to end, being responsible for every aspect of music creation, contractual, copyright, metadata, artwork/marketing components
- Working closely with artist management, artists, musicians, engineers, studios etc
- Active A&R – the ability to source off-shoots via external label joint ventures, co-ordination via existing WCM A&R teams to further improve opportunities for WCM signed artists
- Establish a collaborative culture within WCPM, WCM, and our various third-party partners within the publishing world
- Increase the brand awareness of the PM organisation within the UK broadcast industry and beyond
- Work with US and affiliates to increase global brand awareness of the PM organisation
- Work closely with the local PROs and assist in driving meaningful change of sync licensing opportunities for the production music market
- An active member of the PMAG committee which works closely with all the main PM entities as well as the MCPS/PRS
- Development of licensing opportunities outside of the traditional MCPS/PRS model
- Liaising with the affiliate and sub-publisher network
- Facilitate, co-ordinate, and transmission of strong presentations to the PM industry
- Supervising and assisting where appropriate the development of new technology protocols and other analytical data sets
- Actively participate in new offshoot PM ventures including e-commerce/micro-licensing development, launch, marketing and maintenance.
- Pro-active pitching to studios and networks for customisations and library co-ventures
Managing and developing effective relationships
- Expand the transparency of the WCPM team within the PM and broadcast medium
- Build and develop exciting new relationships within Film, TV & Advertising affiliates
- Regular WW strategy co-ordination, and delivery with the other WCM affiliate senior team members
- Ownership of UK production music business unit P&L
- Oversight of marketing within the UK PM team; including campaigns, initiatives, working with US team on global marketing projects
- Oversight of sales team including setting goals and strategy for significant revenue expansion
- Lead regular internal meetings and one to ones across WCPM and WCM
- Cultivate a culture of continued growth and development within the UK WCPM team
- Own the recruitment process when required
- An excellent understanding of synchronisation
- Phenomenal ability in crafting catalogue opportunities
- An outstanding knowledge of musical styles
- Passionate about music and its visual application
- Strong analytical skills
- The drive to make a difference
We’d love it if you also had:
- Worked a minimum of five years within synchronisation or other creative-led services within music or broadcast media.
- It is also encouraged that you have been educated to degree level or similar but it isn’t a make-or-break requirement!
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re also the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.