At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members.
Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses.
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Head of Growth Marketing, Songkick
Songkick is the great live music start-up. Since 2007, we’ve set about making it as easy, fun and fair as possible for you to see your favourite artists live. With 6 million event listings, more than 17 million music fans across the globe use Songkick to track their favourite artists, discover awesome concerts and never ever miss out.
At Songkick we’re dedicated to making sure you never miss your favourite artist live. This means building applications to understand what’s happening in the live music industry; to allow fans to track artists and purchase concert tickets, to allow artists to engage with their fans; to allow our amazing team to make all of this a reality, and much more.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Growth Marketing, tasked with bringing what Songkick stands for to life on the global stage. In this role you’ll drive the company’s growth marketing strategy and help tell the Songkick story to fans and the music industry. Success in this position requires a balance of creative, strategic, and ambitious thinking with deep operational know-how to translate big ideas into meaningful results.
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled growth marketing generalist, able to flex with equal strength among marketing positioning, industry thought leadership and cross-functional team management. You will have proven success in executing world-class marketing initiatives, with a focus on user acquisition.
You’ll be joining a marketing function that is new for the business so we’re looking for someone who can thrive in an ambiguous and fast paced environment. Day-to-day, you’ll execute strategies that achieve our vision. This isn’t just incremental; you’ll develop creative, value-building and industry-changing opportunities.
We are passionate about helping the music Industry understand the power of Songkick and how it helps them achieve their business objectives. Success in this role requires a passion for technology, culture, and trends – and the ability to translate the benefits of Songkick’s platform to users in a way that’s digestible, memorable, and fun.
Are you excited about helping shape the future of live music? Do you care about more fans seeing incredible live shows? Would you enjoy building a more rewarding environment for artists? Come and talk to us, we’ve already started.
- Lead global product growth strategies to support launches, partnerships, and evergreen storytelling
As part of Songkick’s management team, help define business strategy
- Provide vision across Songkick’s owned channels to optimise brand awareness and authenticity
- Work alongside communications leads to develop initiatives to tell stories around innovation
- Manage, develop, and support a small team of marketing, partnership and community experts
- Leverage user feedback to inspire innovation, and grow usage of our products,
- Ensure profitability and efficiency across all marketing activity
- Work alongside sales teams to optimise all media opportunities for brand clients
- Build Songkick’s Industry reputation through thought leadership
- Evangelise for Songkick internally and externally
- At least 5 years in a hands-on product marketing role, connecting with audiences, collecting and interpreting data insights to inform strategic decisions
- World-class communication, project management and cross-functional leadership skills and proven track record of delivering quantifiable business impact
- You understand the marketing funnel and how to optimise it at each stage for activation purposes
- Critical thinker with a high level of comfort juggling fast paced projects, optimising resources
- You have proven experience in tailoring global brands to local, domestic audiences or vice versa
- Growth mindset, and willingness to play both strategic and supportive roles with equal enthusiasm
- Proven experience in managing data-driven initiatives, effectiveness measurement, KPIs and metrics
- You have previous experience developing toolkits and resources that drive user growth at scale
- A creative thinker able to assist in the ideation of brand communication
- Knowledge of relevant marketing tools/platforms for campaign activation (e.g., Google Marketing Platform and Facebook,
- Programmatic DSPs and AdTech etc) and the application of these.
- Knowledgeable about news and trends in the music marketing space
- A good understanding of how tech companies work and use software to create best in class experiences for consumers and partners
- Experience with offline brand partnerships, e.g., sponsored events
- Time at a start-up or fast-growing business, where change is constant and company culture is a genuine priority
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.