With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) is a leader in global music entertainment, bringing together artists, songwriters, and entrepreneurs that are moving culture around the world. We are at the forefront of a dynamic, constantly evolving industry, and in that spirit, we are excited to announce our search for a newly created leadership role: Head of Global Equality, Diversity & Inclusion.
This is a pivotal strategic post with a global remit and an opportunity to be part of our executive management team to effectuate real change, both within our company and in the business at large. Our Recorded Music and Music Publishing rosters include some of the most culturally influential, high-profile musical talent in the world, and it is our mission to take immediate, significant steps to place us at the leading edge of tech & media companies whose team fully reflects and embraces the extraordinary richness and variety of their businesses.
At a time when the call for fundamental social change is more urgent than ever, we are looking for someone with a proven track record in leading diversity & inclusion initiatives in a multinational company, with experience in direct and influential interaction with executive management. He/she/they will demonstrate the vision, commitment, and passion to champion our mission and cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture for all employees globally.
This position will be based in the US, with a preference for New York, where our headquarters is located. Specific expertise in the US market is required, and the Head of Global Equality, Diversity & Inclusion will partner closely with our Head of Diversity & Inclusion at our UK Company.
In this critical leadership role, you will:
- Be an inspirational leader who has the ability to engage with, build strong relationships and provide thought leadership to our executive management team and staff.
- Guide and increase our understanding of the external communities we operate in and be a credible voice for Warner Music Group.
- Be the eyes and ears of the social environments we operate in order to provide strategic insights to support our business strategy.
- Ensure we do not have any cultural ‘organizational blind spots’ in supporting our staff, artists, songwriters and customers.
- Possess the ability to constructively champion ‘unpopular causes’ and build a coalition to change mindsets.
- Be a change agent, spearheading our global diversity & inclusion mission in partnership with our executive management team and staff around the world.
- Promote our “One WMG” global culture initiatives, while also respecting the identity of each of our businesses.
- Develop and execute tailored strategies, programs and experiences that cultivate a diverse and inclusive culture, promoting real transformation against the backdrop of a hyperaware industry conscience.
- Provide strategic direction and support to our Diversity & Inclusion Council, our Employee Resource Groups, and other key stakeholder groups.
- Collaborate with our People team on talent development, talent management, and talent acquisition strategies.
- Work with our HRIS/HR Operations teams to establish key metrics to measure and track the outcomes of our diversity & inclusion programs, while also ensuring compliance with EEOC and other legal requirements.
- Partner with our HR leaders and business leaders to monitor leadership and employee sentiment and constantly assess feedback.
- Work closely with our Corporate Communications team to represent Warner Music Group at targeted internal and external events, create strategic partnerships, and develop diversity & inclusion-focused communication strategies and initiatives.
What It Takes To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading diversity & inclusion strategies in a multinational company or companies.
- Proven track record of leading global company-wide diversity & inclusion strategies, initiatives, and programs with multiple stakeholders, in a complex environment.
- Executive presence and gravitas; confidence in facilitating, presenting, communicating, and influencing all levels of employees, as well as external partners.
- Capable of driving multiple initiatives and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative.
- Experience in a related industry (e.g. media, entertainment) is a plus.