HEAD OF ADA NORDIC
The person in this role will focus on growing ADA’s local footprint, by actively pursuing and closing new partner deals as well as lead the local ADA team. Foster meaningful relationship with 3rd party labels, artists and label partners ensuring we are maximizing any revenue opportunities for their repertoire in the Nordic territory. The Head of ADA Nordic is the main regional A&R source in the Nordic territory, by scouting and evaluating talent and potential business partners for ADA worldwide.
Job Title: Head of ADA Nordic
Location: Warner Music Sweden, Stockholm
Reports to: Niko Nordström, EVP Warner Music Nordic
- Lead negotiations and close deals.
- Carry responsibility for the performance of ADA in the Nordics.
- Oversee the label services offering locally for incoming and outgoing repertoire.
- Lead the local ADA team on a day-to-day level.
- Work closely with the WM Nordics local teams and MD’s.
- Act as partner liaison once a partner has signed on.
- Represent and champion ADA in the Nordics both internally as well as externally on local conferences and events.
- Update international ADA teams and WMI offices on new projects in conjunction with partners and the ADA US and UK label management teams.
- Work alongside the ADA International team to coordinate global release plans for both distribution and label services of local partner releases ex-home territory.
- Extensive music business experience.
- Passionate about independent music and record labels.
- Fluency in Nordic languages and English.
- A track record of successfully building strong partner relationships.
- Knowledge of current Business Affairs and different deal structures.
- Great understanding of digital distribution locally and globally.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and compassionately with all stakeholders.
- A broad knowledge of contemporary music scene and lifestyle.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Office and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to travel internationally if business requires.
ADA is providing an alternative proposition to the (major) label deal, for artists looking for new ways to deliver their music to consumers whilst retaining the rights to their master recordings. ADA Worldwide provide distribution for artists including Anderson .Paak, Central Cee, Dixie, Dolly Parton, Hammerfall, Joji, KSI, Kylie Minogue, LÉON, Macklemore, Run The Jewels, RY X and SAINt JHN. We have a wide range of label partners including BMG, 12Tone, 88 Rising, Defected, HitCo and Nuclear Blast.
As the leading independent distribution branch within Warner Music Group, ADA is continuously looking to grow its global footprint. By expanding in major markets around the world and investing in both developing as well as established acts and partners, ADA is looking to compete both globally and locally at the highest level.
By providing sales and delivery at the foundation of ADA’s offering, with additional service elements in marketing, branding and promotion at various levels of engagement, ADA’s strategy is aimed at providing a tailormade deal and plan for every level of artist.
ADA Nordic is the beating heart of exciting independent music within the Nordic offices. We build artist careers, empower established artists vision and are the driving power behind Warner Music Group’s local distribution business.
We distribute our partners music on both local and a global scale – whether those are full-sized labels, management companies or artists directly. This wide range of partners gives way for an exciting and ever-changing environment for ADA Nordic team members to contribute to.
These ADA hat and jersey wearing team members are fully dedicated to driving both the incoming and outgoing business of ADA partners. The goal is to establish a team that operates as its own entity and works in collaboration with the local WM A&R, commerce, marketing, BA/Legal and finance teams in making miracles happen. All of this quarterbacked by the International team at ADA Worldwide.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, and any other characteristic or identity.
Apply to [email protected]
Deadline for application June 14th 2021.
For questions about the position please contact [email protected]