Global Marketing Director, Black Music
At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team
The Global Marketing responsibilities break down into three core areas:
- Prioritisation: Partnering with repertoire owners (all WMG labels) and local market affiliates to utilise central budget to break Warner Music’s priority acts in every market worldwide and build more global superstars.
- Innovation: Continue to redefine best practice in global marketing, whether it be experimenting with new formats and technologies, or reworking old practices.
- Education: Partner with internal teams to ensure highest possible proficiency in marketing across our global organization.
You will work on the Global Priorities (GPS) team leading strategic GPS execution for Black Music repertoire in partnership with the SVP Global Marketing while ensuring smooth and timely running of the Global Priority System. This role will be based in London or New York reporting in to the SVP Global Marketing based in New York.
Here you’ll get to
Global Marketing Artist Services:
- Identify high potential projects for GPS and Pre-GPS support.
- Ensure all GPS levers are pulled globally as and when required, including assigning central budget.
- Work with Repertoire Owners (ROs) and Regional Teams to:
- Create and support impactful global and local marketing plans
- Activate multiple markets at the right time based on knowledge of genre and data trends.
- Develop long term artist strategy based on data and knowledge of market and genre.
- Ensure the global provision of assets required by GPS and timely delivery of all content.
- Test and innovate on new marketing technologies and concepts to aid global learning.
- Oversee and monitor a portfolio of high potential artists and support their growth to ensure maximam flow of talent into GPS.
- Create and deliver all GPS artist progress reporting/results commentary to ROs and senior management.
- Build strong relationships with artists and managers (where appropriate) to support GPS execution.
- Identify and test high potential tracks and artists for growth into GPS.
- Lead conversations internally across corporate teams about GPS projects.
- Interface with key stakeholders at across all levels of the company and influence key strategic marketing decisions.
- Deliver on team OKRs driven by key metrics.
- Work with SVP Global Marketing to continually evolve GPS framework
- Support Global Marketing Assistant to ensure all GPS communication and deliverables are delivered timely.
- Support repertoire specific marketing education programs as needed.
- Drive understanding and use of marketing best practices across corporate teams.
- You are passionate about music and marketing
- You are an expert in the Black Music and the community which surrounds it
- You are experienced with planning and executing impactful global marketing campaigns of varying budget levels.
- You have a clear understanding of global markets and variances between them.
- You have strong data proficiency and ability to interpret data to make strategic recommendations.
- You are experienced in digital marketing and campaign optimization.
- You are willing to work across all levels of campaign management from top level strategy through coordination and execution.
- You have excellent all-around communication skills.
- You are a team player who is able to form good working relationships with colleagues across all levels, internal and external.
- You have a professional and cultural understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools, including: TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Threads, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Discord, Website strategy, Email/CRM strategy
We’d love it if you also had:
- 5+ years experience in Music and/or Global Marketing
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint/Keynote, etc) and Google Workplace.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike.
And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.