With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Global Catalogue Manager, ADA Worldwide
Sr. Director International, ADA Worldwide
Commerce & Marketing
Warner Music Group UK, London
A little bit about our team:
ADA’s international department oversees ADA’s business globally outside the US and UK market. Our role is to provide guidance, support and connect our internationally distributed labels with ADA teams around the world. We plan and execute new release and catalogue strategies as well as equip the teams on the ground with our labels’ project marketing, promotion and sales intel. We set up commercial strategies as well as design and execute label services in conjunction with ADA’s and Warner Music International affiliate teams, our own staff and third parties. We are at the forefront of ADA’s business growth across all continents.
Why this could be your next big break:
- In this role you’ll be ADA’s international expert on catalogue music.
- The job is essentially three-fold; you’ll be acting as commerce manager across ADA’s partners catalogue, act as a source of guidance and lead on catalogue strategies for our international teams on the ground, and act as International Label Manager for catalog repertoire dedicated labels.
- You’ll be tasked to review, strategize and execute on our global catalogue sales and distribution offer, by working closely with our label partners, the international team and our local ADA teams in the territories.
Here you’ll get to:
- Create best in class global sales and distribution plans in conjunction with ADA staff, frontline /catalogue teams internationally and third parties ensuring and maximizing awareness at commercial outlets, on both label partners existing catalogue and new catalogue releases.
- In collaboration with International Commerce managers, drive DSP conversations around optimization of ADA partners’ catalogue.
- Drive a catalogue streaming consumption approach, identify opportunities, research trends, and communicate and collaborate with other internal departments.
- Run post-mortem analysis on catalog sales and marketing initiatives to evaluate success and develop best practices.
- Educate and lead catalogue optimization strategies and plans with and for ADA local teams in various territories around the world.
- Primary liaison between the 3rd party labels catalogue business, US/UK label management & global markets. Foster strong relationship with label, ensure they are kept up to date as to how best to work with ADA to maximize sales for their catalogue.
- Provide regular updates to label partners and ADA teams on the catalogue’s global development; including sales, chart positions, online stats, global and local best practices, highlighting growth areas and opportunities for priority catalog and releases.
- Lead and/or assist in building label’s catalogue strategy by; providing analysis and reports on catalogue performance, build KPI’s and benchmarks, and creating sales marketing plans.
- Coordinate and oversee global roll out of label services on new release catalogue projects.
- Manage global catalogue campaigns for ADA; including organizing and pitching ADA catalogue titles for WMG’s Global Catalogue teams’ campaigns.
- Provide support and assistance to ADA local and ADA Worldwide operational teams with catalogue transitions and label onboarding.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Have experience at a digital service provider and/or catalogue music record label.
- Demonstrate experience in an international operating role and can show knowledge of the international market place and territories.
- Have a great understanding of music distribution globally.
- Have strong organization, teamwork and time management skills
- Be motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized and detail orientated
- Have strong communication and analytical skills to convey strategy and results
- You will be passionate about catalogue music and independent record labels.
- You will be working across many different territories, it will be important for you to be flexible, dynamic and diplomatic so you can effectively adapt to business requirement.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 5+ years of music industry experience in a catalog label.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of any more languages would be a plus.
- University / Bachelor degree.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel, MS Office, and PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to travel internationally if business requires.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.