WMG’s top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
A little bit about our team:
ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artists and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience.
As the independent sales and marketing arm of Warner Music Group, the ADA International team works closely with distributed artists and label partners from the US and overseas to help realize our common goals for promoting music on a global basis while optimizing sales opportunities. The International team sits at the center of ADA, collaborating with the US and international markets, sales, label services, operations, finance, business affairs and the whole of Warner Music Group. We bring in new and exciting music to ADA from across the globe.
This is a unique opportunity to learn the global music business and work across different countries, cultures and languages with exciting artists and label partners from US and overseas. This position will be responsible for spearheading strategic international marketing and commerce campaigns, and acting as a liaison between our partners, artists, managers and international affiliates. This role will have the ability to make a meaningful impact on ADA’s business worldwide while also developing strong relationships with our partners around the world including across our 50+ WMG affiliates and licensees.
Here you’ll get to:
- Drive label/artist priorities through the affiliate market commerce and marketing teams to deliver results internationally.
- Work with affiliates to build creative and actionable marketing plans bespoke for each territory and artist.
- Identify and maximize label/artist growth opportunities, building client marketing and expansion strategy and innovating new ways to grow overall business.
- Lead partner meetings on a local and global basis with an agenda, including action items and accountability.
- Maintain strong relationships with key individuals at labels and affiliate markets serving as an escalation point for urgent issues and where creative problem solving is needed.
- Work with analytics resources to analyze artist performance data and set pragmatic KPIs: determine campaign effectiveness and opportunities alongside the international commerce teams to push artist development; communicate results to labels.
- Educate labels on best practices across digital audience development and commercial accounts using information created and sourced by local and international commercial teams.
- Represent and advocate for the label and product management team across the ADA and wider WMG organization.
- Initiate opportunities for label artists to plug into Services organization for the appropriate priorities and establish clear ways of working with the affiliate marketing group that enhances performance for artist partners.
- Work with SVP of International and wider organization to help grow the ADA business around the world.
- Have a well-developed commercial data insights skill set and understanding of the marketing & digital landscape.
- Possess a fresh and current perspective on marketing approaches for artists at all levels of their career.
- Highly organized with a strong emphasis on multi-tasking, with the ability to take a project from inception to execution.
- High degree of data literacy, with an ability understand and glean insight from data tools for actionable recommendations on creative campaigns, in addition to explaining and escalating issues.
- Demonstrate a desire to continue to learn, grow and adapt with the rapidly changing industry.
- Have a wide network of independent marketers and promotional contractors within designated region.
- You will be working across many different territories, it will be important for you to be flexible, dynamic and diplomatic so you can effectively adapt to business requirement.
- Work with third-party digital marketing tools and analytical platforms.
We’d love it if you also had:
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience. Preferable international music marketing
- Experience managing your own roster of artists/labels.
- In depth knowledge of all social media platforms and analytics & streaming services.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of any more languages would be a big plus.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re also the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.