At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people.
Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Director, Product Management and Marketing, WMG Catalog (Los Angeles)
A Little Bit About Our Team
There has never been a more exciting time to work in catalog in the music industry. Thanks to new mobile and digital platforms as well as renewed interest in physical formats, discovery is unlimited and new generations of fans are listening to the best music ever recorded, regardless of when it was released, on their own terms. Fans listen across genres and decades – a great song is a great song. Digital platforms make the entire history of recorded music available, and our job in catalog is to ensure that our artists are in the best position to be heard.
Warner Music Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented director to join our team in product management and catalog development. We are tight-knit, high-performing group that oversees the catalogs of several hundred artists and are looking for another team member that can help us function effectively, efficiently, and creatively!
We specialize in Warner’s esteemed artists spanning genres from soul, R&B, jazz, and hip-hop to classic rock and pop.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
The role of the Director, Product Management and Catalog Development centers around catalog artist development, overseeing the product pipeline, and creating strategic assets to support marketing campaigns. In this role you will develop expert fluency in the catalog of Warner Music Group’s Recorded Music division with a focus on Atlantic, Elektra, Warner Records and Parlophone artists whose careers launched more than 20 years ago. You will work to increase exposure for artists and drive revenue by identifying opportunities for re-issues, anniversary albums, digital releases, and creating marketing campaigns to support anniversaries, tours, and other marketplace initiatives, highlighting opportunities for incremental growth, sharpening and implementing best practices across your roster, and increasing internal awareness of the value of our artists’ catalogues in an “always-on” marketplace. This role reports into the SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing out of Los Angeles.
Here You’ll Get To
- Collaborate with the SVP, Global Catalog Development and Marketing to develop and execute global campaigns and strategies for catalog priorities across Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, Dance/Electronic, Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock, Latin, and Country genres.
- Become an expert in the history of each artist on your roster and the landscape of the genre they occupy. This includes their overall brand, past releases, marketing campaigns, social media presence, fanbase consumption habits, chart performance, and more.
- Identify opportunities, research trends, and communicate and collaborate with other internal departments to drive projects forward.
- Identify and execute A&R opportunities for new releases & relevant re-issues, including milestone anniversaries.
- Identify viral moments and build quick-strike marketing campaigns that capitalize quickly on such opportunities.
- Drive catalogue marketing initiatives for active priority artists in-line with anniversaries and associated milestone events through the artist’s career.
- Develop quarterly budget forecasts with SVP for forthcoming priority projects.
- Create and deliver regular updates to all interested parties, highlighting campaign performance and growth opportunities that align with our strategic goals.
- Look for new and current external partners for marketing and A&R opportunities in the catalogue space.
- Run post-mortem analysis on catalogue marketing initiatives to evaluate successes and failures, and continue to develop best practices to apply moving forward.
- Develop and create social content and digital marketing tools for use across social networks and streaming platforms.
- Survey current consumption charts and reports to identify catalogue opportunities, and craft ideas to capitalize on them.
- Be willing to challenge the status quo and understand the need to evolve traditional marketing techniques for the modern, “always-on” world.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills
- Have experience using storytelling to showcase new ideas and achieve goals
- Have strong project management and multi-tasking skills to bring new ideas to life across a variety of departments
- Have strong teamwork, organization, and time management skills
- Possess a deep understanding of the modern digital landscape and pop culture marketplace
- Have experience in streaming, sales, and marketing analysis
- Have experience with producing or creating content & bringing content to market
- Have experience & flexibility with working across many international time zones. Some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 5+ years of music industry marketing, product management, and/or A&R experience across different verticals in the music industry, including record labels, record stores, artist management, digital accounts, start-ups, music publishing, brand marketing, and related companies/fields.
- Experience in product management in the music industry
- Experience with creative strategy, leading marketing campaigns internally and externally with partners such as Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Instagram & Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Triller, Pandora, Soundcloud, and more.
- Are tech savvy with deep understanding of current technologies and general market trends
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.