With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
We’re a close-knit team of 10 music-lovers, highly encouraging of each other and keen to impress our artists. The essence of our team, within Warner Records, is partnering with a wide range of media companies to influence and secure placements on film content, for our huge roster of music. We work across the entire Warner Records catalogue, from superstars through to breaking-artists. We also own a series of offshoot initiatives to help us grow our business. Such as W songs – a development publisher for brand-new talent. As film content includes anything from the latest blockbuster to random YouTube videos, we have our work cut-out, to understand who, what, when, where and why the next exciting content will come from.
Why this could be your next big break:
Never has this area of our business been so important. Many of the artists we work with are keen to have their music synced to picture and nearly all care about this outlet for their creative work. We work hard to provide as many opportunities as possible, however as this area becomes more congested we need to become smarter in our approach. This role is at the forefront of our creative work, implementing exciting new ways to celebrate our music. Unlike traditional sync, this role explores creatively how we place our music against picture, whether that be via technology solutions, strategic signings or on new growing channels.
Here you’ll get to:
- Working with the VP of Sync, lead a new sync strategy within the New Media and tech space.
- Handle the commercial offering of our in-house publishing arm, within Film/TV and Games.
- Launch new initiatives into the marketplace and make key decisions for their success.
- Work closely with artists and managers to realise their vision in our space.
- Explore and build opportunities with external partners for our artists and WMG UK.
- You are culturally curious and open-minded with a start-up attitude.
- You love music.
- You are a standout colleague.
- You spot trends, follow leads and close down opportunities.
- You’re a phenomenal communicator, and an even better ambassador.
- You’re a forward-thinking negotiator.
- You have 9+ years in the entertainment/tech industries, including experience working at or with music companies.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience within sync or a licensing environment.
- Experience with Keynote and deck creation.