We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
Warner Chappell Production Music (WCPM) is a global leader in the production music industry with over 35 years of experience and success and boasts 140,000+ music tracks in its catalogs. With new leadership, a forthcoming new website and (2) new recording studios (Nashville, Los Angeles), WCPM is poised for growth in numerous segments of the music industry including expansion of its custom music services, online presence and co-venture opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly-motivated team focused on establishing a strong music production presence in Los Angeles.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Chappell Production Music is a part of Warner Music Group, home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry, including Atlantic, Elektra, Rhino, and Warner Records, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide. WCPM have been the recipients of many industry awards, including multiple Emmy®, Telly, ADDY and Promax honors.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, hands-on Director, Marketing with leadership skills and proven marketing savvy who can bring new ideas to the table, inspire team participation and nurture ideas and strategies to fully-realized, high-level execution.
Why this could be your next big break:
The perfect candidate will have a deep understanding of both production music and TV/Film production industries and will report to the Head of Production while working closely with other key executives on strategy and initiatives. This position oversees all aspects of the WCPM brand as it pertains to marketing and sales initiatives including overall brand guidelines and messaging, catalog/album/artist promotions, website updates, advertising campaigns, SEO, social media, event organizing, in-house and client presentations, contests and give-aways. The Director, Marketing will oversee the Manager of Marketing (Nashville), source various consultants as needed and strategize closely with sales and production divisions to promote various products and services.
Here you’ll get to:
- Oversee Manager of Marketing based in Nashville, TN.
- Work with WCPM executives including affiliate offices (Germany, UK, France), to help craft, execute and maintain brand ‘look and feel’ across regions.
- Develop and oversee promotional campaigns for existing catalogs, new catalog launches and album releases.
- Working with Marketing Mgr , Production Mgr and tech teams, manage and maintain ‘look and feel’ of various WCPM websites (Soundminer, SourceAudio, SyncTank, etc.) including imagery, news updates, event coverage.
- Work with Head of Production and team to create and oversee all marketing campaigns and outreach including digital (e-blasts, online contests, newsletters, streaming concerts, social media, etc.) and print.
- Strategize and oversee key events including music showcases, studio open houses, release parties, client and/or business partner gatherings, sponsorships (award shows, conferences, etc.)
- Oversee development of branding strategy for new ‘sub-brands’ of WCPM (custom music, clearance and cue sheet services, etc.)
- Attend various events here and abroad to manage/coordinate WCPM’s involvement with yearly conferences, tradeshows, industry gatherings, etc.
- Work with Mgr. Marketing and Nashville team to promote niche news music division;
- Research and develop new and unique outlets and partnerships for promotion of WCPM brand.
- Liaison with WCPM executives to disseminate Company information/announcements to the staff and clients.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Develop branded merchandise from concept to execution for promotional campaigns and give-aways.
- Liaison with 3rd party library partners globally to collect, manage and release promotional materials to the domestic market.
- Liaison with Warner Chappell Corporate Communications to coordinate news stories, interviews, press releases for trade publications, general interest outlets and new media.
- Oversee internal awareness of WCPM within Warner Chappell via events, panels, meet-and-greets, etc.
- Work with Marketing Manager to compile and track yearly Marketing and Convention budgets.
- Work with executive and sales teams to help craft strategies for nurturing and expanding client base.
- Establish and oversee the marketing calendar and delegate tasks to staff accordingly.
- Design and develop applicable reports to analyze marketing campaigns, product acceptance, market research, etc.
- Develop and oversee employee bonding events and opportunities.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of experience working in Marketing, Advertising and/or Brand management within the entertainment industry.
- Superior writing skills including creative and proposal writing, press releases, ad copy, promotional writing, album descriptions, etc.
- In-depth graphic knowledge and experience working with graphic software and graphic artists.
- Proven experience working with social media.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and experience working with press and PR.
- Visual ‘eye’ and creative flair with regard to marketing and branding ideas.
- Strong awareness of music trends and general pop ‘zeitgeist’.
- Self-directed to prioritize daily schedule and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company’s Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee’s religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.