With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville; Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
Arts Music is Warner Music Group’s new umbrella of labels focused on signing, developing and marketing releases across under-served genres including classical, musical theater, jazz, children’s music, soundtracks and film scores. Arts Music is the home of the Warner Classics and Erato labels for classical music and Ghostlight Records for musical theater.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a candidate with a knowledge and passion across the wide-ranging genres in our division with specific experience marketing to audiences interested in these genres.
Our prospective candidate would be joining a unique, small team of people who work very closely to connect niche audiences with their favorite genres of music to develop marketing strategies and plans for our roster and projects to grow beyond those niche audiences.
Here you’ll get to:
- Develop Album package
- Hire and work with freelance designers in overseeing album packaging; work with show to gather elements and deliver to designer; comprehensively proof elements; route for revisions and communicate them to designer for implementation
- Review artwork digital proofs with designer
- Deliver final, approved master, digital cover art, physical cover art, CD packaging art and digital booklets to production
- Oversee pack-shot creation
- Create, manage and reconcile Marketing/PR budget
- Develop and execute album marketing plan and oversee/approve online advertising plan drafted by digital marketing consultant (as well as that person’s other work)
- Oversee and work with digital marketing & press to ensure all work is on brand and comprehensive and that they have all of the information and materials they need throughout the course of each project
- Work directly with SiriusXM channels on album programming (e.g., first listens, long form radio programming)
- Hire and oversee radio promoter as applicable; help coordinate artist interviews and provide tools such as commentary, liners, music and editorial
- Organize and pitch album listening/retail/other events; work with partners in determining program and participants
- Execute label marketing (e.g., podcast development, college samplers, Topsify promotions)
- Organize and conduct interviews with cast and creatives to create album content such as online (e.g., streaming partners and internet radio) album commentary and liners, video commentary clips, long form radio programs, and label podcast episodes
- Work closely with video editors to create album video content such as album trailers, music videos, lyric videos and “making of the album” featurettes
- Create Soundcloud, LinkFire and Haulix links for marketing and press when digital marketing consultant is unavailable
- Develop Marketing assets
- Hire video crew for recording sessions and other content
- Determine album video content plan
- Communicate focus tracks to prioritize to video crew, keeping final video content in mind
- Conduct interviews with cast and creative during recording sessions
- Coordinate interviews with those who could not partake on recording day and bring back singers to lip-sync for video content as necessary
- Work with Topsify team to create/maintain and promote Arts Music genre-focused playlists for streaming
- Deliver and manage the flow of information and tools internally
- Organize and run label meetings
- Manage album budget, authorize expenditures, and reconcile budget for the first album statement
- Prepare annual label Grammy submissions
- Work with show and local manufacturer on awards nomination/voting CDs packaging/production
- Main point of contact internally and for label artists and partners
- Hire and manage interns
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fast paced work environment requiring strong multitasking skills, excellent time management and organizational skills, and a high attention to detail and follow up
- Strategic thinker and creative marketer
- Results oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure, communicates effectively, and meets deadlines
- Forward thinking
- History of building industry relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of previous experience marketing to audiences interested in Arts Music genres