With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe.
Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG’s music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century.
Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after International Marketing team.
A Little Bit About Our Team
International Marketing is responsible for developing the careers of all artists signed to Warner Records US, outside of America. You will work with all domestic departments and deliver an artists vision and opportunity to the rest of the world. You will travel with artists on promotional trips around the world. You will liaise with Warner teams in all countries to deliver success and opportunities to your roster.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
If you want an incredible education in how the global music business works. If you love to travel. If you love how music dovetails into different cultures all over the world. IF you want to help develop your artists careers outside of the USA.
This position will be responsible for spearheading strategic international marketing and commerce campaigns for audio and video releases, for a defined roster of artists, across all 50+ Warner Music Group affiliates and licensees. Will also act as liaison between artists, managers, and Warner Records International affiliates.
Here You’ll Get To
- Have your own roster of artists that you will be responsible for.
- Be responsible for building a strategy and plans to develop their careers outside the USA.
- Get to know a LOT about streaming, radio, fan engagement, digital marketing, publicity and more. How all these things work in all music markets around the world and how we can use them all to effectively build an artists career – locally and globally.
- Travel with your artists on promo trips to Europe, Asia, Australia, Latin America, Canada.
- Be part of a close-knit team that will support your growth and help you succeed.
- Build a global network of friends and colleagues
- Work with affiliates to develop the strongest and most active campaigns bespoke for each territory and each artist.
- Supply affiliates with all marketing tools for the U.S. originated releases, including but not limited to: press releases, press photos, bios, label copy, sales sheets, album covers, music videos, advertising assets, as well as customizing these as needed, and custom assets from scratch.
- Work with artist management and affiliates to instigate, coordinate and approve all international press and promotion
- Communicate priorities and general releases to the world through e-mail updates, contributions to the international newsletter, direct and conference calls and release schedules for both audio and video products.
- Artist Development / Promotion
- Initiate, develop and implement global promotion for Warner Records artists
- Plan and budget international promotion trips for artists, includes scheduling in-person and phone interviews, organizing and hosting press junkets
- Manage artists’ international schedules as it relates to promotions, book artist travel, accompany artist on international promotion trips
- Interact with domestic marketing, sales, promotion, new media, radio, creative, brand, sync, and A&R departments
- Attend planning meetings and label events
Look to be aware of opportunities for Warner Records artists in international territories, and to have our artists at the forefront of new campaign opportunities around the world.
- Request sales projections from the key international territories for fleshing out large advance-driven projects
- Possess knowledge of Global Marketplace / global, local and regional streaming/commercial partners.
- Act as the gatekeeper for all communication regarding release from your roster for all territories
- Originate conference calls with key territories to discuss present and future releases, marketing materials and opportunities.
- Responsible to communicate international needs and successes with domestic staff
- Responsible to supply international consumption reports to executive staff and artist management
- Drive international consumption to achieve projected international budget numbers
- Raise PO’s and process invoices associated with international marketing costs
- Rockstar Candidates Will Be Able To
- You have the ability to build a strategic view for your artists, matched with an ability to get in the weeds and execute plans.
- You have the ability to balance nuanced conversations between the domestic team, artists & managers and affiliates.
- You have the ability to both care about what you do, and also not take things personally.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience managing your own roster of artists.
- A background in international music marketing.
- Passion for music and understanding of business.
- A passport!
- 3-4+ years professional experience in music marketing. Preferable international music marketing.
- In depth knowledge of all social media platforms and analytics & streaming services.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with added attention to details and deadlines
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with both creative and business oriented colleagues and partners
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too