At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Global Marketing responsibilities break down into three core areas:
- Prioritisation: Partnering with repertoire owners and local market affiliates to utilise significant central budget to break Warner Music’s priority acts in every market world wide.
- Education: Partner with internal teams to ensure highest possible proficiency in marketing across our global organization.
- Evolution: Continue to redefine best practice in global marketing, whether it be experimenting with new formats and technologies, or reworking old practices.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will be the single source of truth for analysis and insights within the global marketing division, providing the backbone of data knowledge and insight to guide team direction.
Here you’ll get to:
- Build and maintain regular reporting / insights documents (Priority Track / Artist Identifier, Global Priority System (GPS) Tracking, Global Marketing KPIs, success probability scores, etc) for both Global Marketing (GM) team and C-level execs
- Develop and collaborate with internal data teams to build Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) processes for report automation
- Work with Regional / Genre leads and finance team to establish targeting for all (GPS) projects
- Support GM Paid Media and Platform team to provide data and analytical backing for all tests, both global and regional, as directed
- Develop artist audience benchmarking / targeting and deliver ongoing tracking against this
- Use audience reporting to deliver data-driven strategic recommendations for artist growth
- Manage vendor relationship and internal ongoing usage and expansion of Social Analytics platform
- Build out data support for rest of Chief Marketing Officer’s org (including international A&R)
- Develop a framework to understand and track performance and influence of key genres and regions
- Assess various data related tools and data sources to determine a product fit for the GM team
- Ensure integration of marketing analytics and social analytics within WMG global systems and databases
- Project manage successful delivery of various data-related projects pertinent to Global Marketing in collaboration with relevant internal teams including Business Data Operations, Global Technology and Research & Analysis
- Incorporate analysis, insights & best-practices from within and outside of the business to improve on processes, workflows, reporting & strategy
YEAR ONE CORE KPIs
- Automate all GM reports within Tableau
- 100% onboarding and compliance with Social Analytics
- Lead continued development of GPS artist success probability analytics to better select GPS and GPS potential artists
- Provide data / learnings to support Test, Learn, Adapt (TLA) process and guide overarching direction on marketing and ad buying recommendations
- Make strategic recommendations relating to GPS artists, to ensure they achieve maximum growth potential
- Establish metrics for quantifying GPS impact on artist campaigns
- Delivery of regular GPS performance updates to Repertoire Owners (RO’s) and Artist / Managers
- Advanced Excel capabilities
- Experience with Tableau or similar visualization tools
- 3+ years of experience writing SQL for big datasets
- A results-oriented mind-set with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
- Ability to manage time in order to collaborate with colleagues around the world.
- Comfort and strength in distilling and presenting complex information to senior leadership and large, technically diverse audiences
- A desire to work as a mentor to other internal analysts and data professionals.
Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize while work on multiple projects
- 7+ years of experience in data / insights roles within the music or entertainment industry
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Degree in a STEM field (Data Science, Statistics, etc.)
- Familiarity with Python or R
- Experience working in a global or regional role
- Experience working in marketing, social and/or digital roles
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.