At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
Global Catalogue is both the communication centre between Warner Music Catalogue labels and International Territories around the world and the paramount frontier for marketing artists in the streaming era. We work closely with all labels and artists under the Recorded Music division to develop new catalogue opportunities in marketing, A&R, content development, and consumption, and then convert our findings into new strategies that are deployed across the company to our Catalogue teams around the world.
With catalogues from great heritage acts such as Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Phil Collins, The Doors, Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Madonna, Prince, Eric Clapton, New Order, to more current artists such as Twenty One Pilots, Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse & Coldplay, Birdy, Sia, Charlie Puth, Michael Bublé, Charlie XCX, Cardi B and many more… the Warner Music catalogue is a rich and varied one that requires constant management and reinvention.
This can vary from reimagining a classic album, creating and promoting a playlist managed by us or encouraging consumption of key tracks on streaming services, through to maintaining artist profile with digital suppliers and communicating with consumers and fans via social media and other online channels.
Why this could be your next big break:
In this position you will be the linking pin between the Global Catalogue Content Teams, our artists and their representatives and our Global network of affiliates and licensees. You will be an integral part of all campaigns involving the artists / Kid’s music franchises you are assigned and be the first port of call for all questions and ideas.
Here you’ll get to:
- Liaise with our Global Catalogue Content Teams to develop international marketing and promotional plans for releases and activations around “moments”, anniversaries etc. and advise on product plans.
- Work across a wide spectrum of genres primarily including Pop and Rock catalogues from some of the biggest artists in the world, to more niche repertoire including Broadway musicals & major children brands.
- Be in constant dialogue with our affiliates and licensees around the world to ensure product and tool development are meeting the requirements of local markets and that all needs are being addressed and met accordingly, and that goals and timelines are being adhered to.
- Devise, implement, manage and monitor international artist / franchise activations; work with Content Teams and Territory Leads to:
-1 Create and support impactful global and local product and / or marketing plans
-2 Support content teams in developing broader long term artist strategy, based on data and market / genre knowledge
-3 Execute the global provision and timely delivery of all assets as required by the markets
- Build strong relationships with artists and managers and be the “face of international” for these teams
- Drive use / understanding of marketing best practices and platforms in markets as needed
- Support growth and integration of new emerging market ventures within the Global Catalogue Marketing ecosystem
- Identify opportunity from in market innovation for export / globalisation
- Experience of working with content and marketing across around the world with a clear and demonstable understanding of global markets and the variances between these
- Exceptional communication and relationship skills (phone, VC, written, in person)
- A problem solver. An Information Architect who can fulfil our promises.
- Someone with an intrinsic understanding of music – so we can internationalise our artists and help our companies all over the world to have what they need to sell Music and all the related revenue streams.
- Ability to read and interpret data in order to guide direction and make strategic decisions
- Have strong project management and multi-tasking skills to bring new ideas to life across a variety of departments
- Have strong teamwork, organization, and time management skills
- Possess a deep understanding of the modern digital landscape and pop / children music culture marketplace
- Have experience & flexibility with working across many international time zones. Some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- 3+ years of music industry marketing, product management, and/or International Marketing experience across different verticals in the music industry, e.g. record labels, artist management, digital accounts, music publishing, brand marketing, or related companies/fields.
- Experience in children marketing
- Additional language skills
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.