With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
High Level Job Description:
Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, Seeks out, makes contact and meets with Film & TV music representatives for purposes of recommending music to be used on their projects, negotiates quotes as necessary, and markets songs/catalog to Film & TV community.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities(Include the following, other duties may be assigned):
- Meets with writers/composers/artists to update them on film and TV projects and assists in pitching them into a specific film and/or TV property.
- Researches the catalog both for WCM and WMG for new songs and becomes familiar with the Company product for future use in exploitation.
- Researches weekly film, TV and radio production schedules, contacts and meets the producers, directors, agents, managers and agencies in order to offer songs from the catalog appropriate for their productions.
- Coordinates with Creative staff, Licensing, and Copyright Departments, attends meetings and may supervise subordinate staff.
- Responsible for completing tasks specific within the area, department, or division along with the aforementioned duties and responsibilities in a satisfactory manner as determined by the officers and managers of the division and/or Company.
- Exchanges information by attending marketing and planning meetings.
- Builds close relationships with all strata of label employees with a special emphasis on the Marketing and A&R departments.
- Gets advance music from the labels and disseminates it throughout synch creative department.
- Handles promotional mailings.
- Gathers music and videos to present at Synch Department meetings.
- Creates completion CD’s for meeting attendees.
- Represents WSM & WCM at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other events.
- Sends out e-mail blasts and other forms of WSM & WCM promotion.
- Organizes artist showcases for WSM & WCM clients and employees.
- Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of general business practices.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
- Produce quality work and be accountable.
- Manage time.
- Ability to work well in team.
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
- Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
- Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
- Consistently takes initiative.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- A high school level education or its equivalent.
- A minimum of three (3) years of responsible experience creating, developing and maintaining significant relationships in the Film & TV Music community specifically within music publishing, record label, film or TV production company or music supervisor. Experience shall include the exploitation of Company product and coordination of activities between Company and writer/composer, music supervisors, film and TV studios, producers and related classifications.
- A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.