Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
As a key player of the A&R team at Rhino Entertainment, you will get to develop, produce and execute catalogue release plans for physical formats, Audio Visual products, digital releases, new online content, playlists, streaming strategy & other various related products.
This position reports directly into the leader of A&R in the US.
- Oversee artist and management relationships as assigned.
- Create: Product plans and release configurations, repertoire selection, liner notes, artwork elements and design, post-production and mastering in conjunction with the assigned Global Product Manager.
- Liaise with Business Affairs to obtain approvals from artist/management & labels.
- Liaise with Finance to develop workable P&Ls.
- Set and monitor production plans in conjunction with the assigned Global Product Manager, Creative and Production teams.
- Work with product management to assist in developing marketing material, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
- Previous catalogue repertoire development experience.
- An extensive knowledge of both Warner Music Group and other labels’ catalogues in the US and internationally.
- Current knowledge of all physical, digital and streaming partners.
- Fluent knowledge of recording industry and practices.
- To maintain a fast paced schedule of releases and be able to work on many projects, platforms and formats simultaneously.
- To have an ingrained enthusiasm for music and the creative process of assembling each product so that it extends the various Warner Music Group labels and brands domestically and internationally.
- To have a good working knowledge of tape archiving, mixing and mastering.
- A firm understating of vinyl production, surround sound and high resolution products.
- Ability to handle/direct several types of projects with multiple, overlapping and ever-changing deadlines.
- To be able to work closely with other departments and resolve problems quickly.
- Critical and creative thinker and problem solver.
- Fully versed in streaming strategies and online content creation.
- To develop a strategy in which to future proof Warner Music Group’s extensive repertoire offering both physically and digitally.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in A&R for a record label or other music or entertainment company is preferable, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- To have good working knowledge of business affairs, A&R administration, production and marketing