At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
The Creative Department is an essential component of our label culture. Parlophone values the visual identity of each artist and how this shapes the overarching artist proposition. With dynamic visuals from the likes of PinkPantheress, Ashnikko and Coldplay, we pride ourselves in the creative output of our roster. Content, photography, music videos, long and short form storytelling, social assets, artwork and more work in synergy and our new Commissioner will work alongside our Director of Creative, Creative Commissioner and Creative Assistant to define and communicate the identify and personality of our acts. The role will be vital in spearheading our content commissions for the label.
Our Creative Commissioner will be responsible for Commissioning a wide range of visual content including videos, short form clips, photoshoots, artist documentary pieces and other content forms that transmit our artist’s personalities and music. They will work alongside our photo team to ensure we are getting the most out of our commissions and creating exciting and engaging content for a broad range of audience demographics. This is a real opportunity to dive deep into the role and make it your own. We love hearing unique ideas and new ways of working, ways in which we can creatively challenge expectations of our artists. Our roster is exciting, and the label has some big plans for 2022 so take the chance to be a part of something truly special.
Here you’ll get to:
- Devise creative briefs with our label team. Identify objective and purpose of creative and communicate said objectives internally and externally
- Utilise your abilities, experience and network of relationships to bring the artist identity to life across a range of different content forms and audience touchpoints.
- Manage production companies and individual creatives to help deliver visual assets on time, on budget and to brief
- Produce and edit content directly
- Focus on short form, social and non-linear content pieces rather than a sole focus on music videos & photography
- Explore engaging visual opportunities for our artists and use your knowledge of the industry to maximise profile for our roster
We are looking for someone with a broad palette of commissions under their belt ranging from music, editorial, brand & commercial. You will have an established network of contacts from a diverse genre and have the confidence of working with both established and new directors.
- You are able to work effectively within a small team but also plug into the wider structure of a label and all the different areas
- You possess excellent communication skills and understanding of the creative industry
- You have the knowledge of copyright law and experience in negotiating contracts, usage agreements and licenses with visual artists
- You are aware of the media landscape beyond music videos and understand the value of social media and short form content when it comes to engaging audiences and driving fans to an artist’s music & world
We’d love it if you also had:
- Relationships with the next generation of up-and-coming creative talent
- Interests and participation in the wider creative landscape of the UK
- Experience of using Premiere After Effects & Final Cut
- Aware of how to use photo shop for any quick editing required
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.