With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe.
Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG’s Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG’s music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century.
Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Label Operations team.
A Little Bit About Our Team
Release operations is key to the core function of the company. In the Label Operations department, we work to ensure that the creative content from the labels are distributed out to the market correctly, on time, and set up to industry and artistic standards. This role interfaces closely with both labels and other production teams to work toward the central goal of releasing content be it singles, albums, preorders, videos, and more. This position walks the line between meeting the creative vision of an artist, and following guidelines set forth by the industry. Getting product to market is the backbone of a sales, marketing and distribution company.
Why This Could Be Your Next Big Break
This role is a unique opportunity to work with exciting independent labels, guiding them, and getting their creative content to the masses. In addition to being at the forefront of new releases, this role also has visibility and engagement in new methods of music consumption. As a liaison between label partners and production teams, this is a role that requires critical thinking and an operations mindset while also working on music from your favorite indie artists.
Here You’ll Get To
- Access digital account back-end systems to collect links and check profile mapping links
- Review new release book to ensure it is comprehensive and accurate
- Assist with new catalog ingestions
- Troubleshoot release issues including display needs and whitelisting
- Coordinate changes to releases before and after launch
- Run reports for Label Operations and other departments
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve processes and standards
- Guide labels through a project’s release to the marketplace
Rockstar Candidates Will
- Have strong attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Be quick to understand new computer software systems
- Possess advanced proficiency in Excel
- Have an interest in the independent music sector
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- College Degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience
- Music industry experience
- Experience in scheduling and operations