At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Coordinator, Production Music
A little bit about our team:
Our focus is on generating top quality production music for our catalogs and high-end custom music for our media clients. This role will interact with a multitude of people including studio executives, in-house producers and mixers, graphic designers, media clients in advertising, film and TV and external partners in the creative community including composers, vocalists, musicians and producers. This individual plays a critical role in putting our best foot forward for clients as well as navigating internally to keep lots of balls in the air and the creative process moving forward.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position is located in WCPM’s brand new recording facility in Hollywood, which houses a staff of seven, and reports directly to the Project Manager and indirectly to both the Head of Production and VP Production. Primary duties include assisting studio executives with production workflow, various administrative duties and greeting clients. Responsibilities are varied for this small team and your duties may include everything from booking the studio, answering phones and general client services to hands-on oversight of production workflow, onboarding freelance composers, graphic art coordination, low-level accounting and legal duties and metadata review. You will also be the ‘face’ of WCPM as you liaison with clients and the Hollywood entertainment community who utilize our services.
Here you’ll get to:
- Handle reception phones (light), greets musicians and clients and handles catering when necessary
- Assist two production executives with various administrative duties including travel arrangements, correspondence, coordinating staff schedules, coordinating various staff/client/creative meetings including taking notes, generating and distributing various reports, etc.
- Assist production team with various music/sound design projects including interfacing with composers/musicians/editors, collecting project assets (digital audio files, artwork, metadata), performing general
- QC on assets and prepping assets for next production phase (mixing, mastering, final delivery)
- Track production workflow in Work OS and help refine system as needed
- Prepares boilerplate legal contracts for review (composer, producer, arranger agreements)
- Assist Project Manager with final metadata proofing (not creation) of all WCMP wholly-owned metadata to confirm all composer and publishing, catalog IDs and IRSC numbers are correct
- Assist Production Manager with various accounting responsibilities which may include new vendor set up through
- VEM (gathering appropriate paperwork from vendor), vendor maintenance (updating changes in address, name or payment method), invoice processing, rush invoice submissions and researching vendor payments as needed
- Assist Production Manager with sourcing/coordinating freelance graphic artists for digital album covers
- Support Music Creative team with music and market research as needed
- Support Music Creative team with creating music playlists from 135K+ WCPM music library as needed
- Review unsolicited music submissions from composers
- Coordinate studio booking and client visits
- Ensure proper sign-in and enforces security procedures
- Process incoming/outgoing correspondence and oversee office supplies and office equipment maintenance (not studio gear)
- Help manage logistics between Head of Production, VP Production, Production Manager and Project Manager
- Maintain client contacts and lists
- Help maintain orderly appearance of recording studio and common rooms
- Must have a college degree or equivalent industry experience
- Must have some experience with music production or in the general music industry
- Must have passion to learn and grow in the production music industry
- Must have broad understanding of a wide variety of musical genres
- Must be a team player with experience navigating sensitive dynamics when working with creative individuals including clients, musicians, producers and composers
- Must have top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Must be resourceful and proactive in foreseeing general needs of the team
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have good math skills and good organizational skills with regard to accounting in particular (though no accounting experience required)
- Must be MAC sufficient with knowledge of excel, box, filemaker pro, etc.
- Must be open to learning new software and CMS as business grows
- Must have a working knowledge of iTunes
- Must have ability to adhere to deadlines, execute tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated and take responsibility/ownership of tasks
- Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
- Must be open to occasionally working irregular hours as needed
- Can be trusted to handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
- It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Basic knowledge of DAW/Audio Editing and Photoshop/Illustrator
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.