At Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual’s value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Commercial & Marketing Director, Warner Classics UK
A little bit about our team:
Warner Classics is home to some of the most celebrated artists in the world of classical music today, including Sir Antonio Pappano, Joyce DiDonato, Renaud and Gautier Capuçon, Diana Damrau, Alison Balsom or the Ebene Quartet. It is also the home of exciting emerging talents, like Beatrice Rana, Martin James Bartlett, Eric Lu, Elsa Dreisig, Riopy and Jakub Jozef Orliński.
Warner Classics and Erato’s long and rich history is distinguished by an array of legendary artists who set new musical standards like Maria Callas, Herbert von Karajan, Yehudi Menuhin, Itzhak Perlman and Mstislav Rostropovich.
The Warner Classics UK team is tasked with developing and expanding the commercial and critical success of this high-quality and varied roster of artists.
The UK team works in close collaboration with the other UK based Commercial, Digital, Sync, Brand Partnership teams. It also works very closely with the repertoire center based in Paris and London, and oversees A&R, International Marketing and Promotion, Digital and Physical Operations, Finance and Legal Affairs.
Here you’ll get to:
This role will be our Head of Classics in the UK, in this position you will –
- Define and pursue strategies to constantly improve Warner Classics’ profile and performance in the UK
- Identify and pursue non-recorded-income opportunities for Warner Classics artists and catalogue in the UK, such as Sync and Brand Partnerships
- Develop and establish long-term commercial and marketing partnerships in the UK (media, retail, brands, venues, other) in collaboration with both classic repertoire center and WMUK stakeholders
- In collaboration with the center’s A&R department, develop long-term artist-specific strategies to further establish Warner Classics’ artist roster in the UK
- Identify local repertoire opportunities to be pursued in collaboration with A&R
- Develop strategies to increase our artist’s / our label’s market share and audience reach in the UK, with a strong focus on digital platforms and streaming
- Work on budgets, campaigns and tools to successfully implement strategic initiatives for Warner Classics in the UK
- Work with colleagues to set objectives for artists and key projects
- Represent the label at concerts, events and BPI
- Establish relationships with artists, artists management, venues and other partners
- Lead the Classics UK team with two direct reports (Marketing, PR) and one dotted line report (Commercial).
- Responsible for performance and compensation reviews.
- Ensure innovation and creativity throughout all work, and stay up to date with changes in the market
- Keep a close eye on the local P&L, working with the leadership team and Finance to understand and optimize the department’s financial and commercial performance
- Work closely with the VP, Marketing to review the department marketing budget and make recommendations on how to invest marketing spend.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, have the ability to translate analysis into actionable strategy
- Have an exemplary knowledge of the digital and traditional media with an understanding of how it influences and moves popular culture
- Marketing experience from working with DSP/Media/ Distribution/Label (Pop or Classical label)
- Existing relationships with key media
- Track record of managing productive relationships
- A specialist in planning and executing streaming-focused marketing campaigns
- Love of Classical Music
- Be motivated, creative, innovative, highly organized, detailed and able to multitask, while working under pressure
- Have strong management and people skills with the ability to drive projects to completion, and eager to have commercial success
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Drive, initiative and enthusiasm
- Networker, ability to represent the business to external partners
- English essential, a second language (particularly French) desirable
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
WMG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to its employees and applicants for employment to ensure that individuals with disabilities enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities. If you are an applicant who needs an accommodation due to a disability in order to complete an employment application, to use or access www.wmg.com/careers or during any phase of the hiring process, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: “Disability Accommodation Request”. Emails unrelated to accommodation requests will not be addressed.