We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Business & Legal Affairs team.
Associate Manager, Rights Administration, Business and Legal Affairs
A little bit about our team:
The Catalog Research and Rights Administration Group is a subdivision of Rhino Entertainment Company’s Business & Legal Affairs Department and is responsible for researching WMG’s rights to exploit its existing catalog recordings in response to queries from Rhino, WMG Global Catalog, and WMG’s Synch and Master Use Licensing Groups.
Why this could be your next big break:
The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for performing various legal and rights research assignments involving questions about WMG’s rights in and to its catalog recordings and accurately communicating his or her findings to the appropriate department.
Here you’ll get to:
- Review, analyze and interpret various provisions in the recording agreements that govern WMG’s existing catalog recordings, and accurately and succinctly communicate findings to appropriate individual or department;
- Conduct chain of title review and provide concise analysis;
- Prepare contract summaries of the recording agreements that govern WMG’s existing catalog recordings;
- Prepare product memos outlining royalties information applicable to products being released;
- Perform general legal research pertaining to WMG’s rights in its existing recording agreements; and
- Perform such other duties and tasks related to the Business & Legal Affairs Department’s role and responsibilities as reasonably may be required.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
- Be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure;
- Possess unwavering attention to detail;
- Be intellectually curious and have a passion for the music business;
- Be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately;
- Have strong computer skills, including strong data entry skills (with an emphasis on accuracy) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office’s Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Juris Doctor or relevant legal experience required
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
Preferably, candidates will possess 1 to 3 years of experience working in a position or positions involving the review, analysis and interpretation of recording agreements and other music industry agreements.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.