Take end to end responsibility for managing the flow of product information and associated assets on behalf of BMG’s labels and artists through Warner Music’s digital and physical supply chains.
Foster strong relationships with key production and operations personnel at BMG to become the UK team’s central point person for content management and digital delivery matters.
Develop a proficiency in the use and knowledge of the systems and processes ADA follows to successfully schedule and deliver new releases into the market.
Work with the ADA team and BMG to develop a best practice approach to resolving metadata and production parts issues and proactively improve data integrity.
Provide support to the wider operations team as required.
- Review and approve BMG’s new release set up submissions via ADA systems.
- Rectify content issues and queries as they relate to the release delivery and set up process.
- Ensure highest quality standards are met and maintained for ADA including but not limited to, QC’ing metadata, and ensuring assets (audio, artwork) are correctly ingested to spec.
- Ensure BMG information is accurate and timely as it pertains to the weekly release schedule.
- Catalogue maintenance: execute updates, communicate digital takedown instructions, territory expansions, release date bumps, physical pricing and deletion instructions and ensure systems are amended to reflect those changes.
- Communicate changes to BMG’s releases to the broader ADA team.
- Code new BMG physical releases in our warehousing system.
- Pro-actively manage content in iTunes Connect and other third party systems. Pulling product links from digital platforms and passing back to BMG
- Become conversant in understanding the flow of data and content through Warner Music’s systems, interfaces and external feeds and develop the skills to train others.
- Assist the team in onboarding new catalogues and in other projects.
- Act as principal Operational point person for ADA’s network of International label managers as it relates to BMG.
- Participate in the development and implementation of system fixes and enhancements to increase the functions of our software tools, help to optimize efficiency and define product data standards.
- Assist in coordinating ex. North American physical preorders with the International team.
- Run weekly BMG new release production calls.
- Provide back up and holiday cover to members of the Operations team.
- Strong attention to detail and an understanding that accuracy is paramount.
- Competency to successfully multi-task.
- Ability to develop and sustain good working relationships with colleagues and label partners.
- Quick and keen to learn and consistently strives to over-deliver.
- Dynamic attitude to problem solving, proactively looking for improvements & best practise
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and drive projects to completion.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- A self starter who look at new ways of working and takes initiative in delivering results.
- Ideally previous experience of working with large volumes of metadata/label copy, production parts and independent labels.
- Highly proficient in using Excel
- Commercially astute.
- Knowledge and interest in current UK and international digital music landscape and its supporting technology (online, mobile, cloud etc.)
- Knowledge and interest in independent music sector.
- Strong presentation & communication skills.