We are looking for an experienced Publicist to join our iconic Atlantic Records label, home to some of the most celebrated artists in the world today including Ed Sheeran, Charlie XCX, Clean Bandit, Jess Glynne, Cardi B, Lil Uzi Vert, Gucci Mane, Paramore, Twenty One Pilots and many many more.
In this role you will get to create and structure integrated PR campaigns for Atlantic artists, working with the label’s domestic and international roster, across all genres of music. As a creative and dynamic Publicist, you will bring a strategic approach to all campaigns across digital and print titles as well as influencing the social world the artists operate in. An Atlantic Publicist should be able to incorporate PR campaigns with profile management covering events and parties to working with the branding department on the PR aspect of commercial projects. We need a team player with a healthy contact base as well as a proven track record of breaking artists from inception to managing global cover stars.
- Run in-house integrated PR campaigns across the Atlantic Records global roster, including encompassing national PR campaigns across all levels of digital and print media (from blog seeding, editorial digital and physical placement (premieres/features/reviews/interviews/live streams/previews) to major features and cover stories.
- Strategic planning at the start and throughout campaigns; conceive original and innovative ideas.
- Writing press releases, commissioning biographies, input on artist creative and publicity shot requirements.
- Putting together and overseeing photoshoots, interview schedules (phoners, filmed and face to face).
- Close cooperation with Atlantic A&R, Marketing, Digital, Promotion, International and Brand teams to ensure integration of PR activity within wider artist campaigns.
- Working within budget and timeframes.
- Regular and succinct campaign reporting both verbally in meetings and weekly summaries.
- Clearly and regularly communicating PR activity to artists’ management and US label.
- Adept at working across different time zones.
- Broad contact base with journalists, cultural influencers, events and brand PRs.
- Proven track record in a PR agency or record label publicity department.
- A thorough understanding of the current music landscape.
- Established relationships with music bloggers, online and national journalists.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels, internally and externally.
- Creative and innovative ideas to plan strategic and exciting artist publicity campaigns.