Senior Director, Creative Services, Warner Chappell Music
innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Warner Chappell Music (WCM) is the music publishing division of Warner Music Group. We are interested in those who can join and contribute along our company’s values: Curiosity, Collaboration, and Commitment. We value input, ideas, and feedback from everyone at every level and the voices and contributions of every team member at WCM matter.
At WCM we put the songwriter first, offering high touch service to move the cultural dial across the globe. We want team members who have a service-oriented mindset and care about the collective work. We are searching for those who are comfortable thinking globally while leveraging local expertise.
A little bit about our team
Creative Services is a global department committed to amplifying our songwriters and iconic music catalogs, driving engagement and building legacy through strategic marketing, content creation, brand partnerships and storytelling. Creative Services develops and executes campaigns and projects with strategic partners that keeps our songs at the center of culture across all media platforms including social media, Film/TV, Web3, Theatrical, print and orchestral.
We work with hit songwriters and dive deep into our legendary catalog, sharing their incredible stories with the world and providing new opportunities for their songs including new cover creation, interpolations, and sampling.
The Sr. Director, Creative Services is a key member of CS, owning the strategic marketing and project development across the UK and reporting directly to the VP, Catalog Development. This role will work closely with the rest of the UK and globally distributed team to develop, manage and execute creative projects and campaigns that amplify our songwriters and catalogs.
Dive into our legendary catalog, work with our songwriters and share the power of music with the world. Where music, media, brands and technology all come together.
Here you’ll get to
- Be a key member of the UK Creative Services team, working with our songwriters and catalog managers to develop and implement culturally relevant and forward thinking, strategic marketing campaigns around key milestones and anniversaries.
- Contribute to the overall Global Creative Services strategy and drive the implementation of the CS strategy across the UK market.
- Establish and implement KPIs in line with the Creative Services business plan, specifically for UK market.
- Use your network to build out interesting opportunities, cultural collaborations, and local events.
- Develop and implement projects across all media platforms including developing and oversee the coordination of projects for Film, TV, digital campaigns, social media, Web3, immersive and more.
- Be a key creative collaborator to our songwriters and catalog managers.
- Participate in Creative Services strategic planning activities and help build sustainable revenue generating campaigns and return on investment.
- Plan and deliver CRM strategies encouraging retention and loyalty.
- Work closely with A&R and Sync to collaborate on new ways to amplify our songwriters and find new opportunities for songs including covers, samples, interpolations, and more.
- Build relationships with industry influencers and drive interest and engagement around the stories of our songwriters and catalog.
- Connect with A&R to build content strategy and digital/brand partnerships for songwriting camps.
- Continuously look at the market and build case studies, data and high level stats, including the depiction of processes and workflows.
- Help support the build and regional content strategy for the WCM TikTok account and UK content room.
- Create pitch decks and present the Creative Services vision to songwriters and catalog managers for potential new signings, recent signings and to potential brand/digital partners.
- Work in collaboration across Warner Music Group to implement Creative Services goals.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the European region to help local talent expand their regional footprint.
- Present ideas for meetings and possible project development.
- Collaborate with the Company’s internal departments, like Sync, A&R, Legal, Admin, Digital, etc, as well as outside parties including, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, DSPs, etc.
- Learn, build and work within our systems and databases; Monday.com, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and our propriety system, Sharp, Tango, etc.
- Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
For this position, we expect you to be self-motivated with an ability to help define and plug into a global strategy, driving results for the UK market. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to assess the needs of the regional market, create opportunities for our songwriters and catalogs, and use your key relationships to accomplish a vision.
- Ability to take initiative and convert brainstorming sessions into straightforward, timely action items and communicate needs to the broader team.
- Strong presentation skills – both oral and written.
- Ability to come up with a concept that is in line with the team strategy, develop the idea with key collaborators and drive results, providing feedback.
- Ability to deliver high quality, innovative projects, operate with flexibility in a fast-pace environment with evolving priorities, and be accountable for delivering on KPIs.
- A strong desire to pitch in to help team members and a willingness to collaborate.
- Strong presentation and computer skills including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
We’d love it if you also had:
- 5+ years of Marketing, brand partnerships and project management.
- Understanding of digital marketing and music publishing.
- Experience with account management and deal making.
- Relationships with brand and media partners.
At Warner Chappell Music, we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter – the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music – where songwriters are heard.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.