Global Copyright Administrator
At Warner Music Group (WMG), we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Warner Chappell Music (WCM) is the music publishing division of Warner Music Group. We are interested in those who can join and contribute along our company’s values: Curiosity, Collaboration, and Commitment. We value input, ideas, and feedback from everyone at every level and the voices and contributions of every team member at WCM matter.
At WCM we put the songwriter first, offering high touch service to move the cultural dial across the globe. We want team members who have a service-oriented mindset and care about the collective work. We are searching for those who are comfortable thinking globally while leveraging local expertise.
Job Title: Global Copyright Administrator
A little bit about our team:
The Global Copyright Department is part of the Global Administration division that resides within WMG’s music publishing company Warner Chappell Music. The Global Copyright Department plays a crucial role in supporting the end to end music value chain at Warner Chappell Music, from registration to licensing, royalty collection and distribution to our valued writers and clients.
We are looking for an organised, motivated and enthusiastic administrator to join the Global Copyright team. You will play an important role in the worldwide registration of our songwriter copyright data and provide essential support to our rightsholders in delivering the very best in global administration services. Working closely with local offices around the world, this global role focusses on ensuring our rightholders’ copyright data is correctly registered at CMO’s and DSP’s internationally and that any issues that arise are resolved.
We believe that people are at the core of what we do and we are committed to professional development – at WCM you will have the opportunity to participate in a host of training activities, develop your skills and further your learning about music publishing. This is a fantastic opportunity for a meticulous individual with an interest in music publishing administration who shares our passion for songwriters.
Here you’ll get to
- Maintain accurate registrations of WCM’s catalogue worldwide. Assist in the delivery of timely and accurate copyright data to CMOs, sub-publishers, online processing partners and third-party licensees, ensuring weekly files are provided to 50+ recipients.
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may arise throughout the copyright registration process, including the resolution of conflicts and disputes, as well as validation and rejection errors.
- Perform routine checks on high-profile works and catalogues registered with CMOs, identify problems and work with local affiliates to resolve.
- Gather statistics and analyse results in order to assist global affiliates with achieving KPI targets.
- Work internationally by responding to queries from affiliate offices, sub-publishers and societies to ensure timely distribution of royalties to our writers/clients.
- Assist with internal testing and implementation of industry standard formats and processes, including CWR, CAF, IAS and IRS.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve efficiencies across all areas of administration.
- Attend and participate in team and department meetings.
- Attend and represent the Global Copyright team in regular meetings with our global affiliate offices.
- Work interdepartmentally, collaborating with colleagues in different departments to streamline and improve overall administration processes.
- Carry out testing of new system enhancements and contribute to the ongoing development of copyright and royalty system, client portal and royalty app.
- Be responsible for ad-hoc projects that arise.
- Assist the team with agreement registrations (CAF) internationally.
- You have previous experience working within a similar role or a role with transferable skills.
- You are a music lover who values creation and is passionate about servicing our songwriters and rightsholders.
- You are exceptionally organised with meticulous attention to detail.
- You enjoy multi-tasking and know how to employ effective time-management, prioritisation and planning techniques to complete projects to deadlines.
- You are self-motivated and results-focused with a proven ability to improve performance and process.
- You are a flexible and constructive teammate.
- You are comfortable setting your own priorities. You plan your workload effectively, seeking guidance where appropriate, to achieve deliverables, solve problems and complete tasks to deadlines.
- You have intuitive investigative skills. Ability to think beyond the immediate problem, join dots and think laterally.
- You have great communication skills. Confident speaking in team meetings and with people across the business at all levels. Keen to lead meetings where required.
- You have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work. Prepared to work within a changing environment, open-minded and motivated to recommend changes that may benefit the business.
- You have intermediate to advanced level Excel skills, comfortable manipulating, managing, analysing and comparing data sets.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- You have knowledge of CWR and related registration file formats and their application.
We’d love it if you also had:
- A degree or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Previous experience working within a music company.
- Advanced Excel skills (Power Pivot, Power Query).
- Familiarity with analytic/programming tools such as Alteryx, Python, SQL or Tableau.
- An understanding of the end-to-end cycle of music publishing administration.
- Knowledge of society rules e.g. BIEM rules and reduced collection shares.
- Experience in reading and understanding music publishing contracts, with the ability to interpret commercial terms with ease and confidently translate them into copyright and royalty systems.
At Warner Chappell Music, we shape the culture of song writing and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter – the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music – where songwriters are heard.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.