With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
Our business is about working with exceptional songwriters and super serving our songwriters. You would be working extremely closely with both the UK and International A&R Departments. You will be integral to the A&R teams and helping to move our business forward.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role will provide comprehensive administrative support to the VP, A&R & International Songwriters, UK and International A&R team and songwriters around the world along with providing a multi-platform digital service to A&R and Synchronisation departments.
The wide breadth of contacts you can make in the role are integral to thriving in the music industry. You will be liaising with record labels, booking agents, artists, songwriters, managers & DSPs to name a few on a regular basis and this is the perfect stepping stone to gain a broad oversite and robust career in the music business
Here you’ll get to:
- Diary management/booking meetings for VP, A&R & International Songwriters
- Greeting visitors/dealing with meetings upon arrival
- Restaurant bookings
- Booking travel for VP, A&R & International Songwriters – includes taxis, domestic and international travel through BCD
- Processing all A&R department invoices as needed – travel, expenses, taxis etc
- Provide support and cover for MD’s Executive Assistant and Head of A&R’s Assistant when needed
- Assist with booking external studios where needed
- Responsible for checking, collating and sending out charts and playlists and ensuring that this information is collected into one A&R Deck.
- Help collate and send information for Global Decks and reports where needed
- Taking minutes/notes from creative meetings (both UK and international) and distributing to the relevant teams
- Maintaining a good relationship with all managers/writers on the UK & International roster
- Coordinate songwriting sessions (in person and remote sessions) between WCM UK & International writers and external artists and songwriters
- Help to coordinate writing camps and writing trips for songwriters
- Collect song registration information and ensuring they are registered with the copyright department, and upload unreleased songs to the ARROW pitch system, released music uploaded to SHARP and all music saved to the internal drives.
- Retrieving music for releases, either from management or relevant A&R Co-ordinator
- Booking travel where needed
- Processing all invoices as needed
- Ad-hoc questions and enquiries from managers/writers
- Assist the International Creative Coordination Manager where needed in booking writing sessions into the WCM Studios and sending confirmation details and studio specifications for the session to the requestor
- A passion for new music business and the creation of new opportunities within the departmental mandate.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with a real focused attention to detail
- Passion for design and music
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Able to work from own initiative
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.