With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role will deal with an exciting, large and diverse repertoire which involves creating opportunities for the UK, US and European frontline repertoire as well as back catalogue in the UK market. You will get to exploit the Warner/Chappell Music (WCM) catalogue and negotiate UK licences in Film and trailers content. You will pro-actively increase opportunities for current roster for use in film, film trailers and bespoke composition.
Here you’ll get to:
Exploitation of the Warner/Chappell Catalogue
- Source and build on new film and advertising contacts
- Pitch to Film and Advertising contacts, either cold calling or through established contacts.
- Assist EVP & Senior Creative and Licensing Manager with creative ideas and initiate own creative ideas for promotional purposes.
- Undertake music projects as per EVP & Senior Creative and Licensing Manager’s instruction.
- Pitch works via Sharp for incoming briefs & generate new opportunities to pitch for.
Processing of Licensing Requests
- Processing licensing requests for Film and Film trailer uses
- Process licenses and invoices for deals negotiated.
- Liaise with songwriters/managers to ensure approval and ownership prior to issuing a draft contract.
Negotiation and processing of Licences
- Negotiate fees for Film and Film trailer requests in conjunction with EVP & Senior Creative and Licensing Manager.
Managing and developing effective relationships
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with songwriters, your relevant clients and their representatives as well affiliates around the world
- Maintain good working relationships with all internal departments but especially with the A&R, Copyright and Legal Departments.
- Keep up-to-date with trends in music of all genres.
- Regularly attend gigs & host clients to expand knowledge & build relationships with the WCM roster
- Provide team support with database maintenance and gig invitations when necessary.
- Assist other members of the Synchronisation team in any other day-to-day duties as and when required.
- A record of success in procuring synchronisation placements in broadcast media.
- Passion for music imperative.
- Comfort with proactive marketing and client relationship building.
- Ability to handle financial negotiations representing the organisation and associated artists and management.
- Ability to interpret and respond to music briefs pitching material from the Warner Chappell repertoire. Team player.
- Familiar with licensing and music rights processes with the ability to easily adopt bespoke systems,
- A passion for new business and the creation of new opportunities within the departmental mandate.
- Ability to develop own network of successful clients for WCM
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.