The Senior Director will work to secure Warner Bros Records artist tracks in film, TV and soundtracks in order to bring in licensing revenue as well as promote artists to the benefit of the overall company, especially in the streaming platform.
Here you’ll get to:
- Pitch and places songs from artists and labels within the WBR family in film, TV, and soundtracks
- Develops and maintains relationships with music supervisors and television/film music
- Coordinate and confers with WBR artist and label partners, along with Company’s internal departments, to secure song assets and information such as co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance, ownership, and financial procedures and fees
- Performs research of the Company’s rights and clears copyright provisions
- Make suggestions for use of alternate songs in the Company’s catalogue when clearance is not available for the original request
- Coordinates and shares WBR music and information internally with the Warner Chappell / WMG joint sync department to fully utilize all internal resources to seek out, secure, and execute on available licensing opportunities
- Working with business & legal affairs, finance, and WMG’s WBR team to make sure every license goes through and is accounted for
- Developing and implementing programs and strategies to increase awareness of our artists and songs in different entertainment mediums, including maintaining sync focused playlisting
- Work with artist managers and publishers to ensure placement opportunities
- Organize showcases
- Attends meetings and conferences both within and outside the Company relative to the department’s operation
- Seeks to secure synch licensing rights from WBR artists and labels to grow available repertoire base
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of personalities and styles
- Fast paced work environment requires strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, and a high attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of all standard computer programs (PC experience: Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet)
- Travel on ongoing basis or as needed
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years of professional experience in general synchronization licensing at a label, music publishing or related company
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.