With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros., Warner Classics and Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses.
Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Bros. is home to world-class artists such as Dua Lipa, Foals, Liam Gallagher and Royal Blood amongst others. Is music your passion and are you excited about the culture surrounding it? We are looking for a forward-thinking music professional with digital marketing experience, steeped in youth culture and excited by breaking new tracks and acts. Reporting into the Head of Digital, you will take responsibility for the overall strategic and tactical direction of all digital activities for your roster of artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
Warner Bros Records has re-emerged as one of the most exciting labels in the UK with huge recent domestic artist success. You will be joining this ambitious label as a core member of the digital team and be expected to craft and nurture the online presence of an assigned roster of acts. You will also be responsible for ensuring your acts are actively building and engaging with their fan bases through all online channels applicable to the artist. You should be a self starter who loves to think creatively about the challenges of grabbing an audience’s attention in the social space. You should have a strong passion for both social media and music, with a can-do outlook who feels at home in a fast paced & working environment.
Here you’ll get to:
- Be the No.1 point person for developing artist fan bases and understand the audience better than anyone else.
- Devise and implement social media campaigns for a portfolio of artists across a broad range of social content environments.
- Work with the whole team to devise creative strategies for the continual growth & engagement of the artists’ fanbases.
- Brief & self-create both organic and paid for content.
- Work with marketing team and media buyers to set up ad campaigns.
- Lead the creation of all current and emerging social channels for new artists once signed.
- Work with artist & managers to write, build and send email communications
- Handle the updating of digital assets including banners and visual creative on all social properties.
- Set up and run social media training sessions with your development artists.
- Handle content uploads to YouTube ensuring correct tagging, SEO & optimisation.
- Provide reporting in artist and campaign meetings on the growth of artist fanbases, videos and online reaction.
- Handle link tagging for all artist releases to ensure we’re collecting remarketing data.
- Implement label strategy with regards to social properties e.g. YouTube advertising options, takedown policy and whitelisting of channels and content.
- Experience in similar role within the music industry.
- Thorough understanding of the social media landscape.
- Clear knowledge of how to use social media functionality to generate engagement and stimulate interaction with both the artists and fans.
- Plan and implement an always on communications strategy both in release periods and off cycle to engage their fans.
- Articulate with excellent copy writing skills.
- An enthusiastic and innovative thinker who is able to multitask.
- Excellent analytical skills with results-oriented approach.
- The ability to communicate well (both verbally and in writing) to relay all undertaken and planned activity.
- Proficient with video & photo editing software.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to work directly with the dynamic personalities of Warner Bros. and our artists.
- An enthusiasm for music and the social media space.
Why join us?
Here at Warner Music Group we’re all about our people. We are one global company made up exclusively of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing a philosophy of innovation – it’s part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.