With its broad roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word, as well as Warner/Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
High Level Job Description:
Senior Director of Publicity – working within the Warner Bros. Record’s publicity department in Burbank, CA with an overall goal to maximize press exposure for Warner Bros artists on a national platform.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Devise and execute national media campaigns from inception to completion for Warner Bros Records artists.
- Work closely with marketing team around each artist to collaborate on the overall vision and message of the artist campaign
- Generate multi-layer campaigns via national and influential regional print, broadcast and online media specifically tailored to each artist’s needs as they shift and evolve from each successive album cycle.
- Pitch and secure national television performances.
- Develop and oversee online press strategy with Interactive Media department, including premieres, and exclusive content placement.
- Communicate and strategize in tandem w/ all other departments to create new areas of media exposure and press opportunities outside the traditional avenues elevating branding, entrepreneurial and revenue possibilities.
- Write / edit nationally distributed press releases and media alerts as well as quote sheets, reports and highlight sheets.
- Work to maintain a diverse and extensive contact list across all media platforms and genres of communication and publication.
- Responsible for booking and maintaining ever-shifting press schedules and “Press Days” particularly in media capitals including New York and Los Angeles. This includes “in the studio” junkets, Red Carpet, festival and event press.
- Communicate effectively with label staff, artist management and artists.
- 5 or more years of experience.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Possess strategic negotiating skills.
- Maintain loyalty, positive outlook
- Be a self-starter and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Be result-driven.
- Be a team player.
- Must be innovative, knowledgeable of WBR artist roster, musical culture, – think out of the box.