Head of Music & Partnerships
Do you want to lead music services across a global agency? Do you have 10+ years leading brands x music work? Are you experienced building global music strategies & talent led brand campaigns?
Role: Head of Music & Partnerships
Team: Music & Partnerships Team
Reporting To: Founding Partner & Managing Partner
Reports: Culture & Partnerships Lead & Culture & Partnerships Exec
Schedule: Full time permanent
Location: Hybrid with 2 days pw in office (Haggerston)
Start Date: Jan-April 2024
ABOUT WARM STREET
Warm Street is a social first communications agency specialising in music, culture & community. We are proud to collaborate with some of the boldest brands about..Netflix, NIKE, Ballantine’s, LUSH, Ray-Ban, Wray & Nephew, Magnum and Spotify.
The business has been built by a team of music heads who have a passion for music and the cultures that surround it. Nowadays, we’re a proudly diverse business creating a fresh start for a better future.. building an equitable agency that is a blueprint for future creative practise, one that prioritises wellbeing, self development and new methodologies of collaboration.
We move as fast as culture, and pride ourselves on fresh thinking, bold ideas and creating long term, sustainable positive impact on the cultures & communities we collaborate with.
Working within these spaces means our work is fast and dynamic. Energy, hustle, flexibility, passion and dedication to excellence in all forms are prerequisites for our output and collaboration with our team. We are reactive and proactive in equal measure, always on the lookout for opportunities and always prepared to adapt and step up. Spurred on by a hunger to conquer the world and create outstanding work, this won’t be your regular 9-5 desk job, although it will be a space for growth, and in an environment that’ respects and prioritises mental health and wellbeing.
The Head of Musics & Partnerships will lead all music strategy & execution across the agency. The role will be the guardian off all talent focussed work across the business: whether part of our ongoing retained ‘always on’ client work through to new business pitches, the Head of Music & Partnerships will be an accomplished figurehead in the music industry, who has extensive experience working at the intersection of music and brand worlds.
You will have an interest and experience in music led brand partnerships – considering new ways to improve execution and creativity. This role is visionary, creative & commercial – considering the new ways to drive music-first brand partnerships, concepting, developing and bringing new opportunities to clients, consulting creatively into new business pitches and leading Warm Street’s external reputation as the most forward thinking company in the music and brand world.
The role is entrepreneurial, as you will work directly with the partners of the business to develop new revenue streams (talent deals, sync, music creation, reporting, creative concepting), and build a team to deliver against this. You will also work to drive Warm Street’s music thought leadership – penning articles, talks and presentations to establish Warm Street as an authority in music culture. You will direct brand partnerships – thinking of new ways to improve measuring brand return on talent & advocacy work and creative executions to elevate this – building partnerships that take artists from low level engagements with brands through to mainstage booking and high budget partnerships.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An accomplished and well respected music industry figurehead, who has a deep understanding of the brand world, and who can confidently lead a team to drive partnerships, talent booking, curation and music consultancy for our clients.
They will be as commercial as they are creative – able to hold down high pressure negotiation and stakeholder management with one eye on ££, one on the art itself. Creatively, they can sit in a room with an artist, manager or rights owner to build exciting concepts that resonate and solve commercial challenges for artists and our clients alike. They should have a strong opinion on the best practise of how brands can engage with music ethically and meaningfully.
This senior role will require an ability to confidently pitch and present, pitch and an interest in thought leadership. They are able to manage and grow a music team – training people from outside agency backgrounds how to work with brand clients effectively. They will be a self-starter – driven and commercially savvy – someone who has the ability and hustle to ideate, create and implement business revenues through their work.
- Work with Agency Directors & Business Directors to creatively ideate and commercially scope a set of music focussed services & build an agency revenue model and business plan to forecast and achieve revenue targets.
- Work with Business Directors to manage and plan new business and marketing resource, and creative thinking, to help take Warm Street music and partnerships proposition to market to win new business.
- Hire, develop and recruit an amazing team of cultural, music consultants, both freelance and full time to deliver against the department ambitions, not limited to sync, clearances, A&R, legal, bookers etc.
Oversight & Curatorial Guardianship
- Curatorial guardian for all content and/or event music programming.
- Build a strong talent scouting, and artist release schedule process that allows us to stay ahead of the curve – ensuring we are engaging with the right leaders of the music industry to keep us ahead of competitors, and ahead of release schedules.
Growth & Development
- Work across our retained clients to help support ambitions in music, bringing new solutions, thinking & ideas to the table.
- Work directly with the creative team on all pitches to ensure that we are leading with music-first responses.
- Pitch and sell in talent booking and partnership work to bigger agencies lacking music and cultural experience
- Develop a strong seeding infrastructure, stock management and process.
- Senior lead for any music-lead briefs and conversations either for retained or prospective clients.
- Work directly with the music industry – management, artists, labels to bring music-first concepts to the table for our existing and prospective clients.
Quality & Excellence:
- Oversee all music and talent conversations with ongoing client work to ensure that we are working with the right talent, and championing music in everything we do.
- Oversee all talent booking work within the agency, bringing a rigorous contractual & deal management experience. Overseeing the end to end contracting process.
- Drive the partnerships team to deliver against KPIs for all clients, constantly considering new cultural moments and partnerships to seed key cultural figures around.
- Review & optimize music first processes, systems and operations to provide best in class operation
- Collaborate with senior management peers (Creative, Strategy, Account and Operational teams) to optimize client campaigns and agency operations.
Thought Leadership (Internal & External):
- Champion education and sharing of music within the business
- Consider new and interesting ways for Warm Street to engage with the music industry, growing our reputation, giving back and building our community.
- Champion the sharing, enjoyment and creation of music within Warm Street team – and help us share this with the outside world.
- Have deep understanding and connections within multiple music genres at any one point
- Ability to think creatively – building new concepts
- Ability to think commercially – selling new concepts to clients and music partners
- 15+ years working in music
- 10+ years working with brands
- Must have both agency & brand side experience
- 10+ years leading teams
- Proven track record bringing in new business and growing client work
- Proven track record managing and nurturing a team
We’re not here to coast along with the traditional marketing industry model, we want to change the face of culture, do things no-one else will take a risk on and push our clients to positively impact people’s lives.
We want to make a big impact and this includes improving the diversity of our agency family, with representation at every level, and no more ASSUMPTIONS. We are a purpose driven company, and actively involve our team in defining how we can better support the cultures and communities we work with.
No Recruitment Agencies Please