Vydia is seeking a Director of Sales to lead and expand the sales division responsible for client acquisition, onboarding, retention, and sales targets. This role will report to the VP of Label and Artist Relations and partner with senior members of the team on the company’s music business strategy.
We’re looking for a leader to manage and coach our sales reps to higher performance. Qualified candidates for this position will have a successful history of achieving sales results through a team, and contain a strong ability to work within and enhance systems designed for scaling the sales process.
Vydia is a remote-first team with open offices in Holmdel, NJ (HQ) and Los Angeles, CA.
- Manage the label and artist relations team located on both coasts while assisting in client acquisition and onboarding in a cost-efficient manner.
- Responsible for P&L of the team and setting each team member’s quarterly and yearly sales targets to ensure company revenue targets are met.
- Manage repeatable sales processes to create and sustain a high-performance team.
- Maintain the company’s CRM database and develop policies and procedures for using CRM (HubSpot) to develop robust sales management processes, lead generation, account planning, and client proposals.
- Work with the sales support team to perform due diligence on content investment deals and work cross-functionally with legal and finance to structure content investment deals that maximize ROI and limit downside risks.
- Prospect record labels, digital media and/or entertainment companies in Vydia’s target market to identify and schedule meetings with decision makers.
- Close new business opportunities through phone, online and personal meetings.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, legal, finance, operations and client success teams to develop systems and services that align with our clients’ needs and Vydia’s business goals.
- 5+ years of experience in technology sales to record labels, film, television, or mass media production companies, or similar experience with an online media distribution company.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets
- Digitally savvy; fluent with social media platforms, data analytics, and client relationship management systems
- Strong core sales skills – prospecting, lead analysis, presentation, public speaking, and negotiation skills
Reasons to work with us:
- Identified by Inc 500 as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in America and by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the most entrepreneurial companies in America, providing major growth opportunities alongside the growth company.
- Vydia has a mission-based culture that enjoys giving back to the community through a variety of initiatives and was named a Best Place to Work in NJ by NJBIZ in 2018 and 2017 due to its collaborative, fast-paced, and fun, thriving environment.
- Full medical/dental/vision package, 401k retirement and financial wellness plans
- Flexibility to work from home: We’ll ship you a laptop and provide onboarding and introductory materials remotely; Visit offices in Holmdel, NJ and Los Angeles, CA as needed.
- Generous vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it, including maternity/paternity leave.
- Vydia CEO identified as 2021 Executive Technology Influencer by ROI-NJ, 2020 Billboard Indie Power Player, 2018 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, and 2017 Tech Innovator of the year by the Asbury Park Press, and highlighted by Forbes, Rolling Stone, and NPR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vydia is an end-to-end music technology platform that provides labels with the infrastructure and tools to power their business. With a full suite of services, Vydia offers video and audio supply chain, global distribution, analytics, rights management, payments, detailed revenue reporting, and marketing. Vydia is a premium partner of leading digital service providers such as Spotify, Apple, TikTok, Vevo, YouTube, and Facebook. Combining innovative technology with industry expertise, Vydia is distribution reimagined. To learn more, please visit vydia.com