We are seeking a PARALEGAL/CONTRACT MANAGER familiar with music industry and music rights and obligations for a research and data entry project in connection with upgrades to our repertoire management systems, focusing primarily on rights research and data verification related to sound recordings.
- Locate relevant materials in databases, files, archives, and other locations.
- Review legal agreements and other correspondence to extract relevant data.
- Prepare spreadsheets and other materials to capture the relevant data and to track progress and verify data.
- Research and analyse legal rights and obligations.
- Raise and escalate questions, as necessary.
- Data entry and maintenance of databases.
- Such additional, alternative, removed or changed responsibilities as may be directed from time-to-time by a supervisor, without advance notice.
- Conduct research to support legal proceedings
- Assist with the drafting and reviewing of legal documents
- Investigate facts to help in the negotiation of legal disputes
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Record and store client information
- Previous experience as a paralegal or other legal field
- Familiarity with legal research
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Reporting to the Business Affair Manager, this role will support the day-to-day operations of the legal team, oversee contract requests from start to finish (including drafting, negotiating, and revising), and assisting with special projects as needed. The ideal candidate will have strong drafting and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to manage and close of agreements and releases. This person should be able to understand, and articulate business and legal positions related to the media and entertainment industry from start to finish, in a way that balances the business needs and risk mitigation while achieving business objectives of the company.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED