VP Records is looking to hire a Music Licensing Administrator in our Business Affairs office to oversee our vast Caribbean music catalog for film, tv, and advertising placements. This job requires a college degree along with good writing, reading and research skills. An appreciation of reggae music is a plus.
Licensing Administrator responsibilities –
- Pitch the VP catalog to film, tv, and advertising companies and music supervisors.
- Process inbound licensing requests (compilations, synchronizations, samples, etc.).
- Setup third-party licenses with internal Accounting & Royalty systems.
- Maintain licensing website and track license requests.
- Research and review in-house contract terms including rights, dates, splits, and credits.
- and other Business Affair tasks, as needed.
At least one year assistant/administrative experience mandatory. Previous music business experience or having taken a music business class, is preferred.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Outlook, etc.),
Solid Internet research skills.
Familiarity with Spotify or other streaming services.
BA/BS degree preferred.
- Skilled in communications both verbal and written. Must be able to make cold calls and communicate effectively with contacts from all industries.
- Ability to multitask well in a fast-paced environment, leadership qualities.
- Must have a positive attitude.
- Must be a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills and able to work and think on his/her feet.
- Demonstrated high level of attention-to-detail essential.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED