Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Virgin Music artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Virgin Music is looking for a digital-native music lover to join our industry leading Commercial Marketing team managing many of the new platforms now representing music catalog, including playlist pitching for platforms like Tik Tok, Snapchat and more. This role will build go-to-market release plans tailored to their assigned platforms and actively pitch for UGC platform playlist placement, while supporting the Commercial team’s playlist leads with pitch administration. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the UGC, gaming (Twitch, Roblox etc.) and short-form video platform space (Tik Tok, Snapchat etc.), exceptional relationship management skills, be proactive, results orientated, a strategic thinker with an analytical mind, can handle large amounts of work in a fast-paced environment and serve as an advocate for Virgin’s artists and label partners.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Label Relations: Work with in-house and 3rd party label/management partners to drive strategy and deliver necessary assets for the best go to market approach, while being available for meetings and as a sounding board for advice, providing weekly reporting, etc.
- Account Relations: Develop strong relationships and work specifically with DSP/Streaming service programmers (Spotify, Apple, Tidal, etc) to drive message and strategy, taking direction from the commercial team account lead by utilizing plot, marketing, cultural capital and data to deliver on targets/goals/plans, while supporting/supplying necessary asset collection and pitch form administration
- Marketing Tools: Help develop and foster a variety of marketing tools and communications targeted inside and outside the organization to ensure all priority content, assets and drivers are being surfaced to contacts in a consistent, near real-time manner
- Go-to Market Strategy: Understand the demographics that comprise artists’ fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, help design product suites and timelines for all aspects of the marketplace
- Partner Currency: In concert with marketing and social media teams, help develop account partner currency in the form of social media tagging, playlisting and various others uses of partner platforms and tool-kits to help seed artist partnership
- Promotional Alignment: Seek, secure and ensure promotional opportunities are executed within the scope of opportunity
- Data Driven Analytics: know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations
- Culture Driven Focus: know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations and benchmarking artist/manager expectations
- Weekly Updates: Collaborate on and drive weekly updates for all partners highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Also working with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise/meaningful updates for use by the commercial team
- New Opportunities: consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our releases. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners’ profiles
- CMG “branding”/visibility: Act as a “face” for the Capitol Music Group, maintaining a presence at all relevant concerts and events.
Bring your VIBE:
- College degree preferred
- A ‘digital native’ with 3+ years’ experience in the music industry within the digital, commercial, or marketing space
- Existing relationships with labels and/or existing contacts at commercial/marketing platforms
- Hold a strong understanding of the user generated content (UGC) marketplace, the gaming space, new technologies and new ways fans are consuming content
- Experience with building relationships with tastemakers and influencers
- Must have exceptional relationship management skills with existing music industry relationships and ability to collaborate with all teams across the business
- Analytically minded with the ability to read data and trends. Must be goal orientated and extremely organized
- Can handle extremely large workloads and multi-task in a very fast-paced, high volume music environment is critical to this role and a must
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, results oriented with strong attention to detail, and resourceful.
- Must be incredibly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task under pressure
- Must be proactive, have a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to attend multiple live shows throughout the week
- Must be passionate about music!
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.