We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Virgin Music artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Virgin Music is looking for a Finance Manager. This position is responsible for various aspects of financial planning & analysis for Virgin Music based in Hollywood, CA. Responsibilities include Finance team lead for sales forecasting and analysis – both domestic and international; Monthly Release Profitability reporting; Variable Cost forecasting review and analysis, exceptional relationship management skills, a strategic thinker with an analytical mind, can handle large amounts of work in a fast-paced environment and serve as an advocate for Virgin’s artists and label partners.
How you’ll CREATE:
Provide day-to-day finance support to Virgin Music’s third-party and joint-venture label partners, including:
- Sales Reporting – Collaborate with VP of Finance with the sales forecast process for Label Services: BPC maintenance
- Business Development – Support Director of finance on the analysis, financial modeling and boarding preparation for new distribution and marketing service deals
Financial Planning and Analysis –
- Accurate and timely forecasting of the Label Services P&L with focus on sales and EBITDA
- Assist with the accurate and timely forecasting of balance sheet and cash flow with focus on assets managed, working capital and cash flow after Investments
- Develop and maintain advance provision models used in third party forecast process
- Prepare and review internal performance reports for distribution to Label Services management: debit balances, sales by label and others
- Key role in the annual budget process: compilation, review and submission in BPC and HFM
- Management of label service marketing budgets: interact with radio promotion department, perform analysis, and manage incoming/disbursement of funds
- Preparation of the monthly business results presentation
Third-Party Statement Review –
- Managing the business unit’s review of all third-party label statements and related backup
- Liaise with UMG’s central account services team on the preparation and calculation of all day-to-day financial reporting or ad-hoc reporting to third-party label partners
- Ensure proper audit of the division’s monthly statements by routing statements for internal review, performing cursory reviews of rates and other amounts included, keeping all tracking systems up-to-date and monitoring the internal approval to release payable balances
Bring your VIBE:
- Strong FP&A and cash flow analysis skills
- Excellent analytical acumen, highly organized and detail oriented
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and macros
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment, responding to issues promptly with a strong orientation toward customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to interact and work with personnel from all operational areas and levels of the company as well as third parties
- SAP/BPC/HFM experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting and/or finance experience; financial management, budgeting, forecasting, customer management, and policy enforcement (music industry background a plus)
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.