Virgin Music is looking for a Manager to join our industry leading Commercial Marketing team Account Managing a range of both physical and streaming accounts. This role will build go-to-market commercial release plans, seek, create, and execute various commercial opportunities and creative release strategies while nurturing important relationships with our commercial accounts, artists, and label partners. This role will work in tandem with various Virgin/Capitol/Universal Music Group departments under the direction of the SVP/Head of Commercial Marketing, Virgin Music. The successful candidate will have exceptional relationship management skills, be proactive, results orientated, a strategic thinker with an analytical mind and serve as an advocate for Virgin’s artists and label partners.
- Relationship Management: develop and maintain strong relationships and work specifically with both physical and streaming Commercial Accounts to drive commercial success for our artists and label partners. You will utilize storytelling and strategy to build the overall plot, marketing, cultural capital, and data to deliver on targets/goals/plans while supporting/supplying necessary asset collection and pitch administration. Attend regular in-person and video meetings and taking partners to shows. Relationship management skills for this role are key.
- Partner Account Manager: Represent Virgin Music repertoire as the Account Lead across various commercial accounts while ensuring an ongoing knowledge base of all best practices, personnel, and opportunities across the key commercial accounts this role is responsible for. This position will serve as the primary lead and secondary account support for various key accounts, managing the partner relationships, best practices, release strategies, long lead planning + music playbacks and ongoing campaigns while securing on going opportunities for our Artist and Label partners.
- Label Relations: Work directly with Virgin Music’s labels to identify opportunities for their release schedule, educate and advocate account best practices, create account and label call agendas and ensure goals are being met via key performance indicators, reporting and Virgin Music team communications
- Streaming and Commercial Marketing Strategy: Create dynamic and engaging release plans and campaigns (including experiential events) that drive successful revenue generating results
- Data Analysis: Provide strategic analysis and recommendations on consumption, listener behavior and account performance
- Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to communicate release performance, provide strategic recommendations, build plans both with labels and partners and ideate/strategize
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with the Virgin Music digital and marketing departments to ensure that our partners are building creative, innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing platforms and new technologies
- Artist Relations: Liaise directly with labels, managers, and artists in the lead up to, and during a release cycle and any in-person/virtual events to ensure smooth execution
- Product Forecast/P&L/Budgeting: This role will also oversee physical releases into various physical retail accounts. Working with the team to project sales potential and monitor/advise on best product cost structures resulting in reasonable marketplace valuation at retail while providing maximum profitability margins with built in per-unit marketing funds.
- Product Production: Liaise with production teams on projecting sales, pricing, and forecasts
- Commercial Promotions: Through a series of reporting, keep a watchful eye on stock levels, title performance and suggest opportunities to further exploit or eventize revenue generating moments for our artist’s repertoire across our commercial partners.
- Culture Driven Focus: Know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for the account, their customers, our artists, and benchmarking artist/manager expectations.
Virgin Music “branding”/visibility: Act as a “face” to Virgin Music, maintaining a presence at concerts and events, often multiple times a week.
- Ideal candidate to understand the physical retail and streaming landscape
- Previous Project or Account Management experience within the music industry
- Must have exceptional relationship management skills with music industry relationships and vision to collaborate with all teams across the business
- Analytically minded with the ability to read data and trends. Must be goal orientated and extremely organized
- Can handle extremely large workloads and multi-task in a very fast-paced, high volume music environment is critical to this role and a must
- Experience strategizing and executing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you’ve worked on)
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, results oriented with strong attention to detail, and resourceful.
- Must be incredibly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task under pressure
- Must be proactive, have a ‘can do’ attitude and be willing to attend multiple live shows throughout the week
- Must be passionate about music!
- 4+ years’ experience in music industry sales or marketing with experience in the music streaming space.
- Existing relationships with labels and/or existing contacts at commercial/marketing platforms
- College degree preferred
“All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law”