Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Virgin Music artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Senior Manager Digital Marketing & Audience Development to be a part of the Virgin Music Label and Artist Services located in Hollywood, CA who will be expected to lead insights, analytics and growth opportunity assessments for review with the Marketing team to guide where, across markets, we need to focus growth initiatives that will achieve macro goals.
Responsibilities include overseeing, directing and executing marketing and promotional plans across all aspects of advertising and media buying, influencer marketing and audience building campaigns for the entire Virgin Music services roster as well as all company portals and distribution partners, artist website, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce.
You will be responsible for advertising campaign management by working in tandem with Virgin Music marketing team and the CMG/UMG Media team, as well as asset creation and audience targeting strategies, digital on-boarding, social auditing and analysis, building and maintaining the Influencer Portal as well as relationships with third party influencer agencies. Nurturing and leveraging relationships with our label partners, artists and their management teams, and for strategizing on the best audience building campaigns and strategies for them. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data. Manage out of house contacts database and relationships. Be a creative visionary, driving progressive digital marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Advertising campaign management for Virgin Music marketing team and working with CMG Media team on multi-targeting groups (retargeting, engaged, similar artists, lookalike audiences, lifestyle/niche, purchasers), via advanced platforms (IG, IGS, FB, YT, TW, Snap, TikTok, Programmatic) with on-going optimization.
- Coordinate with a best-in-class team of digital marketing strategists to craft audience growth campaigns utilizing all available resources and incorporating both content and partnership strategies to unlock the full potential of fan bases and audience growth.
- Understanding, identifying and targeting audience growth opportunities and building strategies to achieve goals.
- Manage, analyze and report on performance of audience building initiatives using all available analytical tools.
- Provide insights and direction to Content and Partnership strategists as it relates to audience growth initiatives, including asset creation and promotional outreach.
- Provide timely status reports with analysis and insights related to advertising and audience growth for Marketing team members throughout and at all stages of project.
- Execute partner digital on-boarding: in-depth social audit verifications, identifying growth trends, engagement rates, top performing content, audience insights, on-going audience analysis, FAQ/Wiki Access to Best Practices, CMG/UMG insights reporting.
- Develop operating models and processes to ensure efficient, high quality outputs are delivered in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Build/direct/manage relations with independent influencer marketing companies as well as soliciting campaigns.
- Grow Virgin Music’s online properties (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Official Website and other sites appropriate to artist)
- Show material growth in expertise in CRM and direct-to-fan marketing within existing teams.
- Assess new partners and recognize opportunities.
- Assign tasks for interns – video edits, research, blogger outreach, analytics reports, etc.
Bring your VIBE:
- Passion for data and marketing innovation.
- Ability to cope with multiple projects and business areas simultaneously.
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative.
- Experience strategizing and executing cross-platform digital advertising campaigns. as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you’ve worked on).
- Excellent presentation, diplomacy, communication and analytical skills, both written and verbal, with an eye towards problem solving.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, audience building strategy across multiple genres and targets.
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow’s music industry, along with a desire to be on top of every new digital trend, meme, and platform
- Must have strong relationships and vision to work with social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, as well as, help with marketing initiatives with partners like Spotify and VEVO.
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding as relates to audience building.
- Build and manage artist budgets to support audience building.
- Advanced level advertising and audience building experience.
- Artist relations and/or third party distribution experience in a consumer-focused 4+years-experience digital marketing.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Drupal, Monday, Airtable, etc.
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at agencies and digital platforms.
- Proven success working across internal and external teams in a dynamic team environment
- College degree preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.