Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Virgin Music Label and Artist Services offer an individually tailored solutions on a global scale, including, but not limited to marketing, promotion, sales and distribution – assisting artists and labels to retain their independence whilst leveraging the strengths of a major label.
As the Global Digital Release Manager you will be responsible for the platforms, processes and data that allow VMLAS to deliver industry leading standards of music and content distribution to its independent client base throughout the world. In this role you will be the hub between the growing global client base of Virgin Music Label and Artist Services, and the distribution and delivery platforms internally at UMG and the VMLAS international label management and Digital Commercial teams.
- Undertake the crucial role of assisting the Virgin Music LAS global production teams to organise, assess and check all audio and video releases submitted to our CMS for obvious technical errors
- As needed to be the client face of any new label or artist signings being onboarded into the VMLAS ecosystem of release management platforms
- Be available to troubleshoot any major issues with clients and/ or the rest of the VMLAS team
- Have a working knowledge and experience of metadata and release management systems at Universal or elsewhere
- Understand fully the importance of correct management of digital metadata in the 21st century marketplace and feel confident enough in that knowledge to sell it into VMLAS clients
- Have a working knowledge of the global music DSP ecosystem and how label supply chains deliver to them
- Provide leadership, advice, and support to internal and external label partners in respect to their audio and video assets and delivery
- Assist the VMLAS management team in updates to their B2B platforms for release management
- Forge strong working relationships with Labels, Artists, Artist Management, Marketing colleagues and Territories in the Virgin Music structure
- Experience in a similar technical production/ distribution role in the Music Industry
- Commitment to working, influencing, and persuading at all levels of an organisation
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to the changing needs of clients and the business
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload and self-motivated; hard working and enthusiastic
- Prepared to talk directly to third party clients in a patient and informative manner
- Ability to quickly learn internal systems and IT infrastructure
- Team player with a flexible approach, willing to defer when appropriate
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.