We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Virgin Music Label and Artist Services is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group (CMG), providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Virgin Music artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Virgin Music is looking for an Associate Manager, Finance & Administration to join our Finance Team. This role will support the overall finance division and be first point of contact to our third-party label partners. The successful candidate will have exceptional relationship management skills, be proactive, results orientated, a strategic thinker with an analytical mind, can handle large amounts of work in a fast-paced environment and serve as an advocate for Virgin’s artists and label partners.
How you’ll CREATE:
Provide day-to-day finance support to Virgin Music’s third-party and joint-venture label partners, including:
- Label Relations & Reporting – first point of contact to assist, clarify and remedy all financial issues or needs presented by our partners
- Accountant Partnership Support – Liaise with UMG’s central account services team on the preparation and calculation of all day-to-day financial reporting or ad-hoc reporting to third-party label partners
- Prepare the monthly Release Profitability reporting based on Life-to-Date actuals
- Prepare Life of Project Release Profitability reporting for key projects to assist the Marketing team establish spend caps to maximize projects’ profitability
- Vendor Management – responsible for the set-up of all new vendor / payable relationships including third-party partners, within UMG’s enterprise systems
- Purchase Order-Payment Cycle Maintenance – raising purchase orders for recoupable label costs and other divisional expenses, including monitoring the internal approval flow as well as the initiation of special handling payment paperwork as needed
- International Rate Analysis – update and maintain all third-party labels territory scope, ex-U.S. rates, prepare monthly reporting to UMG and ensure all rates are in line with partner agreements / amendments
- Intercompany/Third-Party Chargeback Management– assist in the identification/allocation of amounts to be charged-back both internally and to distributed label partners, including obtaining approvals and initiating the monthly invoice/settlement process(es)
- Third-Party Statement Review – ensure proper audit of the division’s monthly statements by routing statements for internal review, performing cursory reviews of rates and other amounts included, keeping all tracking systems up-to-date and monitoring the internal approval to release payable balances
- Special Projects & Other Duties – perform other ad-hoc analysis and aid the Virgin Music Finance/Accounting teams as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Able to quickly gain proficiency in multiple proprietary systems (i.e., UniPort, SAP, ExpenSys, Etc ).
- Solid communication skills and the ability to interact comfortably with employees at all levels of the Company as well as with third-party label partners
- Must be able to work flexible schedule when needed (nights & weekends) and understand the needs & flow of production. After hours work may be scheduled last minute
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks based on a dynamic workload
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets), Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Must be punctual and responsive
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work both efficiently and effectively under pressure and/or tight deadlines and in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent understanding of basic Accounts Payable procedures
- College degree preferred
- Minimum two years of experience (cumulative) in a financial environment, music industry a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.