Vevo is the world’s leading music video network, connecting an ever-growing global audience to high quality music video content for more than a decade.
Founded by Universal Music Group and Sony Music Entertainment in 2009, Vevo offers fans worldwide a vast array of premium content to choose from, showcasing official music videos alongside a constantly developing lineup of live performances and innovative original programming. From top superstars to rising new talents, Vevo brings incomparable cross-promotional support to artists across the musical spectrum, at every stage of their careers.
Vevo has consistently evolved over the past decade to lead within today’s ever-changing media landscape, embracing partnerships with a number of leading distribution platforms to deliver extraordinary content within ad-supported environments. With more than 26B views across television, desktop and mobile devices each month, Vevo brings music videos to the world – when, where, and how fans want them.
Vevo is available on YouTube, Samsung, Samsung TV Plus, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Echo Show, PlutoTV, Apple TV, Roku, Comcast (Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex), VIZIO, Sky (NowTV and SkyQ), Foxxum, XITE, NetRange, Redbox, T-Mobile Play, Virgin Media, Xumo, Telstra and Vewd.
We’re seeking a Senior Manager Programming & Editorial to join our Programming & Editorial team in London. Reporting to the Vice President, Music & Talent in the interim while the Head of Programming, Editorial & Marketing, EU is out on Maternity leave. This role will lead programming, editorial and marketing initiatives, with a focus on Connected TV, YouTube and social media for the UK market.
In this role, you will create playlists across all UK-relevant genres by using data, insights and music knowledge to select videos suitable for promotion to our audiences. You will work closely with our music and talent team to decide promotional slates for videos and key editorial features.
We’re looking for someone with a strong passion for music and knowledge of the YouTube ecosystem, as you will be directly managing Vevo’s channels helping to grow playlist views. This person should also have strong management skills as they will temporarily act as maternity cover with more of an EU focus, before moving into a permanent role leading on all UK programming.
This is a full-time position and is based at our office in London located in Pancras Square.
As a member of our team, you will
- Manage a team of programmers and editors that operate across different EU markets who will need guidance with workload and priorities, ensuring deadlines are met and content is executed at a high standard
- Oversee the UK editorial team in updating the UK content map to update playlists, channel cards and end screens daily
- Programming for the UK across the Vevo platforms to reflect various audiences and music tastes
- Regularly update and manage the UK Connected TV content calendar and work with the UK Editorial Coordinator to action programming
- Lead on the content strategy for EU CTV linear and YouTube programming, identifying editorial opportunities on a UK/Global level and guiding the team on local ones
- Lead on social strategy for the EU and work closely with US Marketing Director
- Collaborate with US Partnerships team on linear expansion and new channel opportunities, coordinating promotional activities with the EU team
- Work on YouTube Analytics and Looker to continuously improve and optimise playlist and video programming strategies
- Collaborate with the Sales team to create bespoke programming initiatives for Sales clients
This Describes you
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong desire to solve problems, learn new things and can multitask
- The ability to recognize music trends and viewer habits across Europe
- Ability to create and curate playlists across multiple genres, audiences and decades
- Tech savvy with a good understanding of CMS and analytics
- Knowledge of the YouTube environment and Connected Television space
- Understanding of social media
- Passion for music and music video
- At least 3 – 5 years experience in music curation, radio programming, video platform or other relevant experience
- Highly organised and proactive with the ability to work as part of a team
- Previous management experience
- Additional spoken language a plus, but not required (Spanish, Italian, French or German)
This is a full-time position based on-site/in the office. Vevo will operate in a hybrid work model and will require employees to be in office 2-3 days a week, on average.
Vevo considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.