Licensing and Partnerships Coordinator (US, Remote)
VerseOne Distribution provides digital music distribution services for artists to sell their music and music videos on digital streaming and download stores worldwide. Music and music videos submitted to us gets distributed to 280+ endpoints. Artists keep 100% of their copyrights.
We’re looking for a Licensing and Partnerships coordinator preferably based in the East Coast to join our team and work on a rapidly growing platform serving music artists, record labels, and music professionals.
- Manage and negotiate DSP licensing deals for streaming and download stores, UGC services and other partnerships.
- Prepare of documentation for DSPs negotiations by analysing performance of existing deals, potential of new deals and providing key data to build arguments around. Building and maintaining relationships with DSPs
- Build and share insights and best practices based on deal performance and effectiveness; offer creative solutions
- Maintain and assist with improvements of internal cross-department collaboration especially with the
- DSPs/Statements/Sales and Marketing departments
- Work closely with internal teams including, legal, accounting, reporting and marketing to implement all deal terms
- Conducting business reviews to identify best ways to maximise clients’ connections with existing DSPs and revenues
- Market research and preparation of presentations
- Supervise creation and maintenance of DSP contract summaries
- Driving growth through proactively seeking new business opportunities.
- Champion great artists and promote their success within the VerseOne Distribution structure.
- Be a collaborative and supportive team member, cultivating a great team culture and shared success.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree
- At least 3+ years of experience in online music licensing, in a professional environment of a major label, DSP or music tech organisation
- Ability to put together and analyse large amounts of data in support of negotiations
- Sound understanding of copyrights, legal issues related to DSP licensing and DSPs payments structures including PPS, PSM etc
- Strong negotiator with high attention for detail
- High project management skills and ability to work across multiple projects at once
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills with the ability to build and explain financial models
- Able to create and interpret DSPs reports
- Ability to use tools like Zoho Suite and other team collaboration tools.
- A tech-savvy approach with the ability to pick up new software and tools quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and its implications for outreach.
- Comfortable presenting to clients in person and via screen share calls.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- Ability to make sound decisions, sometimes very quickly, to solve any issues that may arise
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva
- Great knowledge of office suit especially Microsoft Excel.
- Are Multi-lingual (English, French and any other Language)
- Experience working in the music industry.
- Have an existing network of contacts within the music industry.
- Have experience working in a SAAS company
- Have specific knowledge of radio, PR, marketing, management in the music industry.
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and driven team where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- Our remote approach allows you to work from home but will collaborate with employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business and individual needs.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter. Application Email: firstname.lastname@example.org