POSITION: A&R Representative (France, Remote)
We’re looking for an A&R coordinator in France to join our team and work on a rapidly growing platform serving music artists, record labels, and music professionals.
VerseOne Distribution provides digital music distribution services for artists to sell their music and music videos on digital streaming and download stores worldwide. Music and music videos submitted to us gets distributed to 280+ endpoints. Artists keep 100% of their copyrights.
- Driving growth through proactively seeking new business opportunities.
- Sourcing targeted leads through research, identifying potential musicians, music labels and markets to contact based on specific criteria.
- Building out strategies for scaled outreach and implementing them to schedule.
- Identify and sign established and emerging and mainstream talent to VerseOne Distribution.
- Manage artist catalogs acquired within your territory and other
assigned territories as part of a wider team.
- Scout for new talent online and offline and attend shows on behalf of the team.
- Take meetings with artists, managers, lawyers, labels, educate them on what VerseOne Distribution and VerseOne Publishing does.
- Help coordinate communication on new / promising artists with the rest of the global VerseOne Distribution team.
- Champion great artists and promote their success within the
VerseOne Distribution structure.
- Be a collaborative and supportive team member, cultivating a great team culture and shared success.
- Prior A&R experience in France and francophone countries.
- A willingness and drive to be hands-on and make calls, run demos and build mutually beneficial relationships with artists and music labels.
- An incredible work ethic and passion for growth.
- The ability and ambition to build your own pipeline of contacts through research and outreach.
- The ability to engage with decision-makers through outreach and follow up meetings/calls in a timely manner.
- A high level of attention to detail with a commitment to keeping the CRM up to date with the required information, spotting important leads, adapting your approach depending on the prospect.
- The ability to self motivate in a remote environment with the Initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- A commercial mindset with a drive to workshop and implement ideas for scaling outreach and customer engagement.
- A tech-savvy approach with the ability to pick up new software and tools quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of GDPR and its implications for outreach.
- Comfortable presenting to clients in person and via screen share calls.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; a team player, willing to pitch in whenever needed
- Ability to make sound decisions, sometimes very quickly, to solve any issues that may arise
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Canva
- Great knowledge of office suit especially Microsoft Excel.
- Are Multi-lingual (English, French and any other Language)
- Experience working in the music industry.
- Have an existing network of contacts within the music industry.
- Have experience working in a SAAS company
- Have specific knowledge of radio, PR, marketing, management in the music industry.
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and driven team where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- Our remote approach allows you to work from home but will collaborate with employees to establish work arrangements that meet the business and individual needs.
- Renumeration – competitive.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume along with a cover letter. Application Email: [email protected]